Let's Watch How We Walk (A jw email I just got today)

by Tired of the Hypocrisy 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

Has this one been around a while? Is it based on anything else out on the net and redone to fit the jws?

Good example of how our conscience should be trained by Jah! Let's Watch How We WalkA Witness moved to Houston , Texas .
    Some weeks after he arrived, he had
    Occasion to ride the bus from his home to the
    Downtown area.

When he sat down, he discovered that the driver
    Had accidentally given him a quarter too much.

As he considered what to do, he thought to
    Himself, 'You better give the quarter back; It
    Would be wrong to keep it.'
    Then he thought, 'Oh,
    Forget it, it's only a quarter; Why worry
    About this little amount?
    The bus company
    Already gets too much fare; they will never miss
    It; accept it as a gift from Jehovah and keep
    Quiet.'

When his stop came, he paused momentarily at the
    Door;
    Then he handed the quarter to the driver
    And said,
    'Here Sir; you gave me too much change. . . '

The driver with a smile, replied, 'I see you have
    Those magazines that the witnesses carry; Are you
    One of Jehovah's Witness? I have been thinking lately
    About going to worship somewhere; I just wanted
    To see what you would do if I gave you too much
    Change!'
    When the Witness stepped off the bus, he
    Literally grabbed the nearest light pole, and
    Held on, and said,
    'Oh Jehovah, I almost sold your
    Name for a quarter! '

MORAL:Our lives are the only Bible some people will
    Ever read;

'Let's Watch How We Walk.'

-Hebrews 13:18

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

I have read something with the same punch line. So, yeah, it's been around. Can't tell you how long or from where.

• BorgHater
    BorgHater

Exuse me while i projectile vomit

BorgHater x

• whereami
    whereami

Thanks Tired you just ruined my day.

• leec
    leec

What if the witness didn't even notice the change and shoved it in his pocket? I guess that 2ndary moral of the story is to always stand there when a bus driver gives you change to count it up to make sure it's right before taking your seat and letting the bus proceed, lest you sell J's name out without even knowing it.

• BorgHater
    BorgHater

Oh no, now i've got that awful kingdumb malady going round in my head 'Let's watch how we walk and watch how we talk' aaargh!!!

BorgHater x

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

It has been recycled from Christendom.

Several years ago, a preacher from out-of-state accepted a call to a church in Houston, Texas . Some weeks after he arrived, he had an occasion to ride the bus from his home to the downtown area.

When he sat down, he discovered that the driver had accidentally given him a quarter too much change. As he considered what to do, he thought to himself, 'You'd better give the quarter back. It would be wrong to keep it.'

Then he thought, 'Oh, forget it, it's only a quarter. Who would worry about this little amount? Anyway, the bus company gets too much fare; they will never miss it. Accept it as a 'gift from God' and keep quiet.'

When his stop came, he paused momentarily at the door, and then he handed the quarter to the driver and said, 'Here, you gave me too much change.'

The driver, with a smile, replied, 'Aren't you the new preacher in town?'

'Yes' he replied.

'Well, I have been thinking a lot lately about going somewhere to worship. I just wanted to see what you would do if I gave you too much change. I'll see you at church on Sunday.'

When the preacher stepped off of the bus, he literally grabbed the nearest light pole, held on, and said, 'Oh God, I almost sold your Son for a quarter.'

Our lives are the only Bible some people will ever read. This is a really scary example of how much people watch us as Christians, and will put us to the test! Always be on guard -- and remember:

You carry the name of Christ on your shoulders when you call yourself ' Christian .'

http://message.snopes.com/showthread.php?t=55438

• minimus
    minimus

I JUST VOMITED!

• wobble
    wobble

Yup. The JW's even have to publish lying experiences, coz they havn't got enough truth in their organization. (let alone a good experience)

Sad.

love,

Wobble

• awildflower
    awildflower

OMG , not again.......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit