Toyota accelerator goes wild, kills 4 JW's in field service

by Brocephus 44 Replies latest jw friends

• JWoods
    JWoods

Well, to answer OutbackAussie - I really don't think that it was so much the government that got this Toyota issue started.

Rather, I believe that the news media picked up on a number of highly unusual fatal accidents like this one and the one in California. The government hearings came after the fact.

I go to several car interest websites, and the current rumor of the day is that there is much more wrong with the Toyota "drive by wire" system than just the mechanical unit connected to the accelarator pedal. Many observors claim there are likely software issues in the car's control computer and Toyota is currently neither confirming nor denying it.

It is also worth noting that this issue goes back a number of years - probably at least four years, without attention by Toyota.

• moshe
    moshe

Photo of the car that the 4 Texas JW's died in, after it was pulled from the water.

Toyota-deaths_52461590

• Brocephus
    Brocephus

Looks like it flipped in the water. Explains why no one survived. It was also an extremely cold day.

• beksbks
    beksbks

So it sounds now, like Toyota was well aware of this problem for some time?

I go to several car interest websites, and the current rumor of the day is that there is much more wrong with the Toyota "drive by wire" system than just the mechanical unit connected to the accelarator pedal. Many observors claim there are likely software issues in the car's control computer and Toyota is currently neither confirming nor denying it.

Five days after your comment Woods, and I am hearing that it is a computer issue.

But how long have they known?

• JWoods
    JWoods
    But how long have they known?

Some are saying maybe four years back or more. It is really more rumor than fact as reported now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit