Pedophiles in your congregation??

by ziddina 56 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• ziddina
    ziddina

I'm listening to the "Six Screens of the Watchtower" broadcast from October 25, 2008 [yeah, I know, I'm waaay behind...], discussing pedophilia... That broadcast caused me to look up the current status of 'pedophilia notification' in the U.S.A....

Rebel8 posted a link sometime back that gave locations of pedophiles in one's (U.S.A.) neighborhood... That portion of the link is, unfortunately, not working right now...

I decided to check out my [old] site, http://www.nsopw.gov/Core/OffenderSearchCriteria.aspx to see if it still functioned the same way.... Again, unfortunately, that site is ALSO no longer giving out maps of one's area...

But, as pointed out in Rebel8's posted link, pedophiles tend to move around. This was also mentioned in the Six Screens broadcast by a lady named "Lilly"...

The NEW versions of both sites simply allow one to input the NAME of someone suspected to be a pedophile... NOT as effective, imo, but perhaps the cost of updating the maps due to pedophiles' high mobility became prohibitive.

So, HERE'S MY SUGGESTION... Using the 'name' search function, check out EVERY name in

your congregation, STARTING with the elders!!!

The 'name' technique, however, won't locate: pedophiles who've changed their names/taken on aliases... and pedophiles who haven't been caught and convicted - YET...

There just is NO way - yet - to efficiently track pedophiles... However, another recent post on being "microchipped".... Boy, can I ever see the potential in THAT technology for tracking pedophiles!!!

Zid is having a vision of the future.... Most places where children congregate have 'sensors' built into ALL door and window jambs in the building - just a teeny strip of wire-tape moulded into the frames... tied in to an alarm system, which sounds loudly if ANY convicted pedophile implanted with a 'chip' attempts entry into the building...

In my 'vision', I can see day care facilities, schools, toy stores, even playgrounds (the wire-tape is implanted in a cement strip in the perimeter) with this technology...

In fact, I suspect that the Catholic Church, with its recent, embarrassing exposures of pedophilia within its ranks, would probably be the first, largest customer of such technology.... Would cut deeply into the ranks of hopeful, fledgling priests, but would more than pay off in preventing future pedophilia issues in their church...

The Jehovah's Witnesses, on the other hand, declare this new technology to be "of the Devil", and refuse to allow such technology to be "imposed" upon their right to "religious freedom"... In fact, they surreptitiously donated huge sums of money to the loosely-consolidated group opposed to the enactment of said law and emplacement of such technology... Fortunately for the U.S.A., Barak Obama, on his unprecedented THIRD term, campaigned for the law amongst the members of Congress who were uncertain, and succeeded in getting the law passed...

End vision... Zid

• blondie
    blondie

I feel that you should check all adults having contact with your child if you do this; it is not living in reality to think that the majority of pedophiles can only be found at the KH.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Very true, Blondie; I was thinking as I wrote the above that it would be interesting to go down the street and input all the names I see on the mailboxes... I don't have children, but since those lists include all sex offenders, that could alert one to the presence of a violent rapist, among other offenders...

Thanks for pointing that out! Zid

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

convicted pedophile implanted with a 'chip'

Can you imagine the black market for surgical procedures to remove or alter the chips?

Can you imagine the cost of administering and monitoring the implants?

This will work when everyone has a single-source identifying chip (what some fundies will call The Mark Of The Beast) with data hosted on a server that lists your credit, job, criminal histories...and then we'll still have black market and government ops people monkeying with the data (and the chips).

I'm seeing the headlines on lost laptops and illegal aliens with stolen chips as we speak...

check all adults having contact with your child

That's really the only answer, as incomplete a protection it may be...and even then you have elders and others that will keep things quiet (you won't know their true histories), and you'll have molesters that look completely normal.

Not that I'm against chipping 'em!

• ziddina
    ziddina

Yes, VoidEater, but didn't you notice?? That 'vision' of mine was more than a bit "tongue in cheek"... Zid

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

^ Er...no, it seems too reasonable, actually!

And I can certainly see the WTS taking the issue to the courts - a reliving of their heyday, eh?

• stillin
    stillin

there seems to be a rush to judgement here. Not all sex offenders are pedophiles. Actually, some of them may simply be some poor slob who drank some beer and then chose the wrong place to urinate, only to find himself on the sex-offender look-up for indecent exposure. Everybody enjoys a little self-righteousness, it seems, even apostates....

• ziddina
    ziddina

True, stillin, but considering the way most victims are still "put on trial", the amount of anguish they go thru in order to testify, and the number of violent and repeat sex offenders that are running around in public, a registered sex offender is someone to keep one's eye on, to say the very least...

Going by your comments, what kind of elders do you have in your congregation, anyway??? Prone to "pee in public", or just unable to afford toilet paper???

• stillin
    stillin

the elders in my congregation are mostly cool. There's always one who has to be "the best one" by taking the highest moral position in any group, right? But I keep as much distance from the Nazis as possible. But it's true that any innuendo about ANYBODY'S past possibly having some taint in it regarding sex will destry that person, especially a brother, in the congregation. I just think things have gotten a little hysterical and unreasonable.

Of course, I don't want my kids alone with anybody of questionable moral standing, either, but I will just have to be careful, right?

• Blueeyes54
    Blueeyes54

I wanted to puke when I scouted some of my old congreagation members Facebook sites and discovered that two pediphiles are currently conversing with elders, their wives and other congregation members. These men were disfellowshipped for raping young brothers. Now they are reinstated and able to converse freely with congreagtion members. It's as if all the discovery, elder meetings, and robbing of innocence never happened. It isn't about love and saving their souls, it's about the rest of the congregation being safe.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit