This Week's Service Meeting

by berrygerry 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

"Or perhaps there is an adult brother who is restricted from conducting the meeting or offering congregation prayer for reasons known by the elders. Without revealing confidential information, the elders should let the assigned sisters know that they should conduct and pray even if he is in attendance."

Too funny.

• zed revisited
    zed revisited

Everybody has to cover for Chester the Molester.

zed

• berrygerry
    berrygerry
    Would love to listen to the cargroups following that meeting.
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I just sat through this crap. The sisters are not even allowed to stand as they "keep silent" in the congregation. They have to sit down! LOL!!!

DD

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

The sisters are not even allowed to stand as they "keep silent" in the congregation. They have to sit down! LOL!!!

"A sister should wear a head covering and would normally be seated when conducting a meeting for field service."

Never noticed that one before.

What's the reasoning?

• Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

"Or perhaps there is an adult brother who is restricted from conducting the meeting or offering congregation prayer for reasons known by the elders. Without revealing confidential information, the elders should let the assigned sisters know that they should conduct and pray even if he is in attendance."

So Chester cannot conduct the field service meeting. No one knows why. It's enough to know that he 'just can't'.

When the car groups are organized Chester can work with Becky. Chester likes working with Becky. No one said anything about Chester not working with Becky. Just that he could not conduct the field service arrangement. So Chester asks Sis Conductor, ' Can I work with Becky'? 'Sure' says Sis Conductor. That phone call didn't say anything about working with Becky. Just not to let Chester conduct the field service arrangement. I'm sure they would have told me if he shouldn't work with Becky. 'Of course Chester, you can work with Becky. Maybe she can go in your car. Why don't you take her to some of your return visits? Why not go alone with Becky?'

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

....And even funnier is the last sentence in the last paragraph on page 6 of 'When A Sister Must Conduct':

"The elders might also let the brother (or brothers on restriction) know which days sisters are scheduled to conduct the meetings for field service."

So they're going to start begging the brothers on restriction to minimize the 'awkwardness' and embarrassment of how WT has some Meetings Of Service conducted by having these brothers on restriction avoid and not show up for field service on certain days when sisters conduct! Waaaaay tooooo funny!:):):)

Oh the web we weave......!

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

Well now. Are they perhaps having a little problem with too few brothers conducting meetings for field service? Are there many sisters conducting these meetings, then? Are there so many brothers "on restrictions" that this may be a common occurrence? Why all this detailed instruction? Oh, those bad boys. Good thing they know how to deal with the sisters and keep them in their place....

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

...But notice how they minimize and downplay the actual amount of JW men on restriction in the 115,000 + or - congregations by stating: 'The elders might also let the brother (singular)....', when in reality most congregations have numerous JW men on private or public reproof or those who were d'fd and recently been reinstated but still on restrictions. One of the first restrictions lifted on d'fd persons is the 'privilege' of going out in field service. As for individuals who have received private or public reproof-the allowance of field service privileges is rarely taken away.

This weeks' Service Meeting part on conducting Meetings For Field Service has got to be one of the most laughable and asinine KM parts ever!:)

I am wondering how in the hell this article in the March KM got past both the Service Department and Writing Department...let alone the GB!!!

• hoser
    hoser
    I guess I missed it. I can't remember the last time I was at a mid week meeting

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit