Mormons and rudeness

by John Doe 11 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover
    What happens when Mormons come upon a JW household, or vice versa?

When I was a kid and visiting another JW family, some Mormons came to their door. My friend's mom invited them, offered them cookies and let them say their piece and then turned the tables on them.

Now, this was back when a JW knew their Bible pretty well and could really talk circles around most self-professed Bible readers. She took their presentation and turned it around on them and starting asking them questions and got them all tongue-tied. I wish I could remember the exact dialogue but it was a long time ago...but anyhoo...by the time she was done with them, the leader of the two was back pedaling trying to find a way out of the house and the younger one was actually interested in what she had to say. He accepted the "Truth" book from her...and she took nothing from them.

I was impressed at the time...now I think it's kinda funny how one cult member managed to out propagandize members from another cult...

• Mary
    Mary
    Now, I ask, why do we allow these people to go so far beyond the realm of politeness? These guys had me steaming by not respecting what I was unmistakeably telling them, and butting in where they were not invited.

I remember some pretty fanatical Dubs acting the exact same way when we were out in Field Serve-Us. One homeowner said "I'm not interested" and the twit I was working with totally ignored that and continued on her presentation. I was embarassed and annoyed. Unfortunately, this is a trait of very enthusiastic cult members in their zeal for recruiting unsuspecting victims.

What would you have done?

I think I would have looked at him straight in the eye and either said:

1. Save your breath. I used to be a Jehovah's Witness and I know more about preaching and trying to recruit new members than what either of you do. OR:

2. I saw the Southpark episode on Mormons. Joseph Smith was dumb-de-dumb-dumb.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit