Maybe some truth to JW being Scientology for Black people, singer Omarion a JW now..

by miseryloveselders 26 Replies latest jw friends

• snowbird
    snowbird

I've been sneered at and accused of "acting White" for as long as I can remember.

Sylvia

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    I hang out with white Sci Fi nerds.

Right on, I have a few of those kinds of friends too.

• FreudianSlip
    FreudianSlip

CRR-

try debating with a "brotha" the bus

Your obvious disdain for Blacks is probably why Blacks in your company get offended by you and accuse you of trying to act like you are better than them (which you apparently think you are). I can't change your thinking on it. I think if you want to reinforce your negative thinking that you should continue talking to "brothas" on busses. In fact, talk to some homeless drug addicts, too. If you are basing your whole perception of Black people solely on a specific subset of Blacks, then there is nothing I can really say to that.

Affirmative action and watered down meaningless social science and art degrees.

First of all, I bet business, education and nursing are ranked pretty high when it comes to popular degree tracks for Black women but I don't have the statistics right in from of me, nor do I think it matters. Black women are now making more than White women and are far outpacing Black men in college enrollment. Why are you choosing to downplay that? Second, most people who apply for college get in without a need for affirmative action. I certainly didn't. Also, as a Black woman about to finish her Master's I find your comments insulting and unfair. I work in a Courthouse with many Black female attorneys and my classes are full of Black women.

If I tell my Black friends that I enjoy surfing over basketball, they may think that is White behavior, but that's because surfing tends to be an activity enjoyed by White people. If a White guy told his surfer friends that he wanted to be a rapper, they'd probably say he is acting Black. Big deal! That wouldn't lead me to believe that Blacks, in general, find critically thinking to be a White activity.

• MsDucky
    MsDucky

Sylvia, this is the song that I like by Omarion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQybgJCswF0

• SouthCentral
    SouthCentral

Omarion had a manager named chris stokes. He was at my circuit assembly in the late 80's. I met him in woodland hills. His sister juanita, was my best friends fiance....she was called MC smooth (i think). I met her at our bookstudy. I think they lived in rowland heights....not sure.

I am sure that Omarion was influenced by chris to be a witness.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

FreudianSlip...I think we may be related.

Back on topic...Omarion has been studying for YEARS. I saw him at the DC in Long Beach, CA this past summer. That whole little crew...Omarion, Marques Houston, etc were there. Their moms are witnesses. Marques was on the Monique show a couple of months ago and based on the interview, I don't think either of them are anywhere close to being baptized. I'll believe it when I see it.

Omarion's fame is not what it used to be, so I'm sure he has ever JW from his childhood congregation in his hear. Let him get another hit....he'll be like "a J-what, who told you that"?

• bloominglotus
    bloominglotus

The symbology in this video is very interesting,....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit