700 club interviews an ex-JW tomorrow

by Found Sheep 19 Replies latest jw friends

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

Friends, if your prayers aren't being answered, then you must give. Give and give some more so that we can have our ministry expand.

Thank you,

Jerry Farwell

• RubaDub
    RubaDub
    That exJW went from Crazy Town to Uber Crazy Town.

Face the facts. At least JW's can drink and take off some of the "edge."

Rub a Dub

• maputo95
    maputo95

Lol, I did watch the 700 Club on Sunday mornings when I had big hangovers from my alcoholic drinking sessions on Saturdays. It was comforting and they seemed a bit ecumenical. I would never give them a donation though.

• dissed
    dissed

Seeing as someone brought this back.......

Way back in the day when they launched 700 Club on TV, they had a Telethon and were desperate for money. My brother, a non-JW called, who hated these guys, offered to give $1,000. (He couldn't resist faking)

They were so excited to get his pledge as he also volunteered he was forgoing his house payment, but knew the Lord would bless his efforts to help the 700 Club. They shared this on the air live. We were laughing as we watched them relate his most generous offer and story as an example for others to give more.

To add: Soemone on the telephone was relateing this to the moderator.

When they asked for his address, he said it was 1313 Mocking Bird Lane, Coalinga, Calif. (Which had just had a major Earthquake and was home for the TV show 'the Munsters')

On the air, they asked, "Isn't that where the big Earthquake just happened?" He replied, "Yes, I lost everyting"

They stopped to say a prayer for his family, they were so moved.

When they got to the credit card number info, he muffled the numbers as he read them. Then said, "I just want to praise the Lord. God bless you!" And hung up.

A few minutes later on the show, they asked if the caller, who donated the money from Coalinga, could call back, they had some questions for him. Of course he never called.

• cofty
    cofty

dissed that was hilarious - they are a bunch of crooks

• Chalam
    Chalam

they are a bunch of crooks

The truth is that it wasn't the 700 Club who were crooked but deceitful caller

Blessings,

Stephen

• dissed
    dissed

Chalam

A crook is a crook is a crook.

Your moral values are a bit twisted.

Stealing money by misrepresenting the Lord to others is a crooked venture. It hurts people. Most of these TV preachers are guilty of that, no?

Leading someone on like that is giving a crook what they deserves, no one was hurt by that.

Try reading and applying what your Bible says before you judge others.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Crooked is a synonym for dishonest http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/crooked

Unless you have specific knowledge that you would like to volunteer that the 700 Club is misusing money it receives, then it is clear that what the caller did was dishonest compared to 700 Club raising charitable donations.

There are enough warnings for evangelists, including TV ministries that might contemplate misusing the gospel for personal financial gain 1 Timothy 6:5 Titus 1:11 I certainly do not think the 700 Club are part of that tiny minority. I have defended the 700 Club before and I will do it again.

Blessings,

Stephen

• cofty
    cofty

I have often looked in on the 700 club on SKY. Even during all the years I was a christian I hated it passionately. How anybody can defend that bull$hit is beyond my comprehension.

• designs
    designs

700 Club, Trinity Broadcast, Jerry Falwell, Pat Robertson, Binny Hinn, Oral Roberts and on the list goes.............no wonder Fundamentalists are viewed as DEVO. Money money money. Order your prayer hankerchief today for 39.95 or something bad will happen to you and your loved ones.

They make the GB look like amateurs....

'Do a little good each day'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit