The most frightening time in this Worlds History!

by wannabe 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• wannabe
    wannabe

The Most Frightening time period in this Worlds History !

Does the Bible supply us with any information, that might give us, at least, some idea when this frightening time period will begin? Does it show us, in some way, just how frightening this time period will be, and just what is the main cause of it? Perhaps, what causes it too begin? Is there some special event in this Worlds History that would trigger this time of World peril? Jesus pointed to that special event when he made the following statement to his followers in the first Century, after he had given then a composite sign of his coming, he said to them:

8"All these are the beginning of birth pains." [Matthew 24:8 NIV}

What was it that actually marked the beginning of these Birth pangs? What noteable event occurred in 1914 that marked that year as the end of the seven times Prophecy in Daniel? An event that wasn't observed by the human eye, but none-the-less occurred. Keep in mind, Jesus words: "These are the beginning of birth pangs." So, when this event occurred, it was merely the beginning of the Birth of God's Kingdom, not the actual Birth. It must go through many more pangs of Birth, before the Man-Child was Produced. Notice these following words:

"But all this is only the first of the birth pains, with more to come." {Matthew 24:8 NLV} Notice how the New Century Bible words this:

8 "These things are like the first pains when something new is about to be born." {Matthew 24:8 NCV}

Is it reasonable to conclude from this that the Christ was invisibly present in Kingdom Power in the year 1914? Not according to the one who was to come into Kingdom Power it isn't! It was only the first of the pangs of Birth of God's Kingdom. What might have been on the mind of Jesus when he made this statement; seeing as he would know more about the Holy Writings than anyone? His mind would have had to be focused on this very special event in human History, mentioned somewhere in scripture. It would of necessity have had to be zeroed in on these following words in the Revelation he had passed on to John. Consider them:

1 "Then I witnessed in heaven an event of great significance. I saw a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon beneath her feet, and a crown of twelve stars on her head. 2 She was pregnant, and she cried out because of her labor pains and the agony of giving birth." {Revelation 12:1,2 NLT}

This is what Jesus was alluding to when he said there is 'more to come,' 'something new was being born.' Being Born! But not Born yet! Many more Birth Pangs to come, before the actual Birth of the Man-Child. God's Kingdom!

Many today believe that the time of World Peril that both Daniel and Jesus predicted are the same tribulation in both instances. Look closely! They are not the same! I'll show why they are not!

Compare what they tell us in both instances: First Daniel:

1"And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince who standeth for the children of thy people; and there shall be a time of distress, such as never was since there was a nation until that time. And at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that is found written in the book."{Daniel 12:1 DT}

Daniel is telling us here that when Michael stands up and takes Kingdom Power, then the time of distress he was talking about occurs. Now, note the words of Jesus on this:

20 "But pray that your flight may not be in winter time nor on sabbath: 21for then shall there be great tribulation, such as has not been from [the] beginning of [the] world until now, nor ever shall be; 22 and if those days had not been cut short, no flesh had been saved; but on account of the elect those days shall be cut short." {Matthew 24:20-22 DT}

It would, of course, APPEAR that both Jesus and Daniel are discussing the same tribulation, but reason on it for a moment. The Tribulation Jesus was talking about, was that period of World trouble brought about by the fulfillment of the composite sign he gave them; which constituted the birth pangs of the Kingdom, of which the anointed class was to be delivered out of or none of them would survive, so we know all of them are with the Christ at Aramageddon, and we'd hope they all did survive. {Revelation 17:14}

Daniel was another matter altogether. This would be the World tribulation brought about by the fall of Babylon, and the ensuing period of tribulation that follows that great fall. This would of course be brought about by Jehovah himself, when he turns the last ruling World Power against her, and she is totally destroyed. {Revelation 16:18,19; 17:16,17}

At some point during this interval, un-be-knowns to mankind in general, a War will be being fought in the invisible heavens, with satan and his demons being thrown down to this earth, and now notice what John has to say about that and just what is occurring when he is thrown down.

7"And there was war in heaven. Michael and his angels fought against the dragon, and the dragon and his angels fought back. 8But he was not strong enough, and they lost their place in heaven. 9The great dragon was hurled down—that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him.

10Then I heard a loud voice in heaven say:
    "Now have come the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God,
    and the authority of his Christ.
    For the accuser of our brothers,
    who accuses them before our God day and night,
    has been hurled down.
    11They overcame him
    by the blood of the Lamb
    and by the word of their testimony;
    they did not love their lives so much
    as to shrink from death.
    12Therefore rejoice, you heavens
    and you who dwell in them!
    But woe to the earth and the sea,
    because the devil has gone down to you!
    He is filled with fury,
    because he knows that his time is short."

13When the dragon saw that he had been hurled to the earth, he pursued the woman who had given birth to the male child." {Revelatiobn 12:7-13 NIV}

Notice? God's Kingdom has come into power. Jehovah's Ruling King is given Authority. Verse 13 tells you the Woman has finally given Birth to the Man Child. The tribulation Jesus foretold has ended, but now, look! satan is down! "Woe for the earth and for the sea." Now we come into the time of World trouble Daniel spoke about. Nothing like it, ever in this Worlds History! It's, "Woe, Woe, Woe, to those dwelling on the earth"... Revelation 8:13

"Nation against Nation, and Kingdom against Kingdom," as Matthew 24:7 is fulfilled. "The Sword of every Man turned against the Sword of his own Brother, as Ezekiel Prophesied. {Matthew 24:7 {Ezekiel 38:21} Jeremiahs Prophecy is fulfilled:

21 "I will summon a sword against Gog on all my mountains, declares the Sovereign LORD. Every man's sword will be against his brother."{Ezekiel 38:21 NIV}

32 "This is what the LORD Almighty says:
    "Look! Disaster is spreading
    from nation to nation;
    a mighty storm is rising
    from the ends of the earth."
    {Jeremiah 25: 31-36 NIV}

It will be somewhere during this World Battle, Jehovah will intervene, and Armageddon will be fought, to clean the earth of all of the trouble makers, and those who ruin it. {Revelation 11:18; 16:13-16;17:14}

The report Daniel gave about the great tribulation, was a far greater tribulation than Jesus foretold. The Most frightening! The final and complete end of this system of things. To make way for a new beginning!

We see from this, that Jesus had foretold events that would lead up to his coming; while on the other hand, Daniel had foretold events that would occur, after he actually did arrive in Kingdom Power. That time of World distress, that would occur, in the time of the end; that would overshadow the great tribulation Jesus had foretold, by far! Wannabe

• alanv
    alanv

Either way I'm sure Jesus was not talking about our day. As Harold Macmillon the British prime minister after the war said ,'You've never had it so good. I believe that is even truer now. People generally are healthier now which is why they are living longer. Gone are the days when babies and young children used to routinely die in the more advanced countries.

Although there is still much to be done, things are gradually getting better for many people. The terrible Haiti earthquake would have wiped out many more hundreds of thousands of people had it happened 100 years ago. There has been masive help from the world to ease their pain as much as possable. I could go on but suffice to say, I and many others are very glad we are living now at the start of the 21st century and not at any other time in human history.

• designs
    designs

We humans are good tinkerers, we seem to have an incredible ability to keep building on the inventions and efficiencies of the past.

Managing earth's resources is a challenge we will need to continue to address, as is continuing to be magnanimous within ongoing political and economic and ideological differences.

We can do it because we are doing it. This planet is our home, take good care of it everyday.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin
    The Most Frightening time period in this Worlds History !

Only for those that believe in the Jehovah boogie man.They put their life on hold while they scare themselves half to death, peaking out of their covers only to watch the 6 o'clock news in order fuel their paranoia hoping that the great big boogie man in the sky will forgive them over last nights wet dream .

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Indeed, we have never had it so good.

Honestly, the period of the world wars was probably the most bleak. Things are actually pretty good right now.

• Married to the Mob
    Married to the Mob

I blame 24 hour news coverage!

Seriously, there is nothing more scary going on in ther world than there 30 years ago! Infact its a lot safer.

But the anderson coopers and nacy graces have to hae something to fill the hours with!

Put down the watchtower and the bible, go out and enjoy the world! you might like it!

• Mary
    Mary

Yes, Wannabe has been smoking crack again.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Reading the Bible and trying to force today's events to match up to some long unfulfilled prophecies is a good way to eat up brain cells, in a thought loop of both terror and glee over world events concerning tragedy, wishing for higher death counts to confirm ones predictions.

30,000 die in earthquake! O boy this could be it.

20,000,000 die from flu (get em Jehovah).

Tsunami wipes out coastal towns 100s of thousands feared dead,, now that's good news the end must be close, bring it on Jehovah I'm ready.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

"The Most Frightening time period in this Worlds History !"

I think the most frightening time in my history will be the day my oldest son gets his driver license (he'll be 16 in March). Oh the horror!

• Heaven
    Heaven

It's all relative really. What You Focus on Expands. Choose wisely which wall you lean your ladder against.

I'd rather live in this era than say in the time of the Crusades or the Spanish Inquisition. Nasty stuff there!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit