Life On Hold: The CO Visit Week

by sacolton 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sacolton
    sacolton

Did anyone have to cancel a vacation trip because it was on CO visit week? I still don't get why the CO visit was as if God Himself was in town. Is it kinda like if the Pope were to visit with Catholics?

• hoser
    hoser

I used to try to work my schedule around his visit. Now if I'm out of state when he shows up so much the better.

• awildflower
    awildflower

Oh yes, I worked out my schedule for the kids and I even if that meant taking them out of school for a day. I made sure I had meals planned for him and others. And you know what, not ONCE did a CO ever work with me or my kids. We saw him conduct meeting for service and that was it. What a waste!

• joelingeorgia
    joelingeorgia

I always hated CO week. Saturday night meeting. Longer Thursday night meeting. And the pressure to work with the CO and/or his wife out

in service.

• awildflower
    awildflower

I also hated how EVERYONE came during that week and everyone dressed up super well. All the phony bologna came out during that week!

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

He (CO) was going to visit my hubby's congregation when my hubby was sick in Feb 03. All the men JW's were busy redecorating the apartment that he (CO) was going to stay at by the assembly hall.(Less than 5 minutes away from our house) They were so busy trying to beat the deadline that they didn't have time/forgot/thought someone else was taking care of it, to come see my dying JW hubby.

That's how important his visit is...

Yes they actually used that for an excuse of why they didn't visit him. The congregation was reported for that by his JW Mom and JW sister and brother in law..

They were sorry they said, he was dead by then.

They were nice enough to make time to give a memorial /commercial for their religion for him/them though..at his Mom's KH. They had time.

His KH was booked.

Snoozy

• hoser
    hoser

they don't care about the field service

they come to ream out the elders for too much literature on hand, make sure all the contributions were forwarded to the society, how come brother hoser isn't peddling magazines on saturday, how come the contributions don't match the magazine orders, how come numbers are down.

the ministry is just a front

• crapola
    crapola

Yeah, everyone came for his visit. It's like they are to ignorant to realise that he looks at publisher cards and can see right away who is really active and who isn't. Also everyone jumping at the chance to feed them or work out in service with them. I always made sure I had plans made for service already. Made me to nervous working with them. Now I'm not sure why. They are merely mortals like the rest of us.

• WalkTall
    WalkTall

One time my husband, who is generally a conscientious driver, was so freaked out that we would be late for the meeting when we had the CO he was racing to the meeting and got a speeding ticket. I couldn't help thinking, was it worth it? The goofball CO never even gave us the time of day.

In general, though, it's really gross to see all the men chasing after titles on their best behavior that week. And all the elders suddenly slapping backs and shaking hands with people they normally would walk right on by. It's politics at its best.

• hoser
    hoser

All the late comers are 15 minutes early

hypocrites

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit