Interfaith marraiges and children

by garyneal 31 Replies latest social family

• garyneal
    garyneal

marriedtojw

Good to see you back, it's been a while since I heard from you via e-mail and I was beginning to wonder how things are going. I'm so sorry to hear that things have taken a turn for the worse. I sincerely hope things improve for you. As for me, the wifey is about to get baptized so I cannot stop her. I did, however, ask her if she was excited about it. She said no and I was like, "What do you mean you are not excited about it?" I must have went on and said something about her being a BAPTIZED publisher means that she will have even more responsibility and she said, "That is why I am not excited about it. Before I could do things like celebrate holidays and birthdays and excuse it as 'Oh, she's not fully committed to serving God.' But, I do feel that this is the right thing for me to do."

I share with her Jamie Bowers' story on freeminds.org and of course she dismisses it by saying I only have HALF the story.

Funny thing though, her friend that she went bowling with with our daughter and hers has this book called "The Church of Lies" and speaks of the polygamy and child abuse that goes on in the Mormon church. Her friend and I talked about the Mormons during the bowling night while my wife was around.

Anyway, may I ask how your conversations go with your wife concerning her WT studies and KH activities? You are probably making the same mistakes that I and so many others have made. It's hard not to make these mistakes. My wife is pregnant too and yes there are hormones involved as well. I just keep trying to reassure her over and over that I love her and have been trying to show some affection (thanks YNOT for that tip). She does not totally reject the attention but she does not fully welcome it either. She says it is due to her body feeling to blah due to the pregnancy and so far I have been giving her the benefit of the doubt. Another reason why I believe her is because one time she said, "I do not really want you pulling on me but I know if I don't you may find some other chick to crawl on." This tells me that she still loves me, otherwise why would she care?

Right now, the best advice I can offer (for what it is worth) is don't try to control or change the situation. Believe that God is in charge and leave it to Him. At the very least, love your wife and she her that no matter what she decides, you will love her anyway and believe in your heart that it will all work out for the best. I know that is hard but it gets easier. For me, it got easier when I learned that it was not my responsibility to get my wife to see the truth about the 'truth.' I just keep planting seeds and hope and pray that they will grow.

• garyneal
    garyneal

musky

Thanks for your support.

greenie

Sorry I did not respond to your post earlier. How are things going between yourself and your witness?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit