What They Tell a CO

by WalkTall 20 Replies latest jw friends

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I knew of a certian PO that had often stated, "The CO is here for a few weeks and then he's gone." In other words, tell him what he wants to hear and he's gone. This would make for the same local needs talk to be given over and over with the same problems that the CO addressed. I was in that congregation for 5 years and it was all one big rerun.

Also whatever the elders say about u to the CO is taken as gospel. A friend of mine was an elder until the other brothers ganged up on him. They waited for a technacility and when the CO came around he was removed.

• awildflower
    awildflower

I've never been impressed by CO's. In fact last year when I left the org, one of the last ditch efforts that might have proven to me that these idiots really cared, was maybe I would get a visit from the CO. I had written a long letter to two of the so called 'elders' in my hall and chewed them out using their own literature for how they handled a certain situation and why they were wrong. I send them each a copy AND the local CO who lives blocks away from me btw. You would have thought I could get a visit or even a phone call. NOTHING. I'm sure they figured "the sister with the unbelieving mate and unbaptized kids" didn't need to have a voice. I have no respect for the way this org is set up. I never liked the idea of them making blanket decisions for you and your family based on someone Else's (elders) words. Not even in a court of law is this allowed!.........wf

• hoser
    hoser

They tell the CO that brother/sister isn't doing all that they can in the ministry/service. then the CO works in service with brother/sister and tries to lay a guilt trip on them that their not doing enough. even though the scriptures say your not suppost to compare (Gal6:4) they always bring out that brother/sister crippled or with 5 kids at home or unemployed or mentally retarded is a regular pioneer and your just materialistic/too much recreation/ too new of a car/ lazy/ not takeing the lead in th e family/not managing your finances properly/ and have you thought about pioneering lately cause we all know even though the bible doesn't say so, Evidently only regular pioneers will survive armageddon.

That's what happens during the CO visit!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They insinuate that you need at least 200 hours a month of quality field circus to survive, and still not be harboring "secret sins", by the way they hound and harass people to do more field circus. As I see it, some crippled person traveling 20 miles through jungle and crocodile waters or wasting $600 a boasting session and always being there might see more value than cost in being there. But I have not--even if the cost is significantly lower for me, if there is zero or negative value, it is still not worth it.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

The last three or four COs our circuit has had have all seemed just really tired, much like the rest of us. No ass-chewing (publicly anyway) and fewer demands to 'do more' than in the previous decades.

Many of those still 'in' seem to be just as tired of it all as those who have left or are fading.

• nelly136
    nelly136

to me they were just someone who came round once in a while and did the guest speech, hung out with the chosen few then pissed off back whence they came. then id see them on the platform at the assemblys.

as for them knowing about our business it never occurred that theyd even be interested in anyone that wasn't of the most prominent social circle.

• Think About It
    Think About It

It is unbelieveable how much like a business the JW's are than a religion. I didn't start moving up in my career until I left the JW's, but was amazed at how similar things were organized. My JW background probably actually helped me in this respect.

The CO is told all about everything. He first gets the skinny on all the elders, servants and pioneers. Then he finds out who has the money in the cong. Individual histories of pubs are told to him. People with money that don't do much will be a special target for him to try to "encourage" to reach out and become more involved. All the "problem children" are pointed out.

I probably did my share of "sucking up" to them when I was moving up the org. ladder, but one of my proudest moments was when I got to call a one-on-one meeting with a CO at the KH and chewed his ass out. I got the I'm a CO and you can't talk to me like that response. If he wouldn't have been such a pompous asshole.....he wouldn't have got talked to like that! I was done with it shortly after that.

Think About It

• TardNFeatheredJW
    TardNFeatheredJW
    Oh! P.S. the color combination of yellow and black was once considered to be the "liveries" of the Devil... ["The Complete Book of The Devil's Disciples" by Leonard R. N. Ashley, page 253]...

So much for highlighting the WT.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I was a pioneer and don't ever recall a CO talking to or working with me. Well, there was the one time, one CO told me how to fix his lunch...

• Hiding Questioner
    Hiding Questioner

"I have no respect for the way this org is set up. I never liked the idea of them making blanket decisions for you and your family based on someone Else's (elders) words. Not even in a court of law is this allowed!."

When the CO visited after my JW wife left me, he and the elders talked and, without discussing the matter with me, took it upon themselves to write a letter to my new congregation telling them that I was not scripturally free, which I was. How they can take it upon themselves to make these judgment calls and take such life altering actions without talking to me, the victim, is what amazes and disgusts me.

HQ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit