What They Tell a CO

by WalkTall 20 Replies latest jw friends

• WalkTall
    WalkTall

Did it ever bother any of you that you and your family were talked about to the CO during the elders meeting with him? And for those who have been elders, my question is: how much do they tell him? For some reason, it has always bothered me that this man, who is a complete stranger really, is informed of family or personal situations through the lense of elder's opinions. It feels like condoned gossip to me. Just another one of those icky things about this religion.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

They tell the CO what ever they want to tell him and he can find out what ever he want from elders they will hold nothing back if it suits the elders to do so. There are no rules that puts any limits on this type of thing.

Why would the Governing Body want to make a rule that limits what they can find out by means of CO who is suppose to act like the eyes and ears of the GB?

• Mattieu
    Mattieu

I always used to find it funny how elders could gossip and slander anyone they want in their own conversations, yet it wasn’t gossip or slander, it was “a discussion between 2 spiritual men!”

I was working the CBD territory with 2 elders and they were bagging the crap out of the CO who I actually liked. I was informed it was as described above.......

One of those elders is now a c/o himself, hope he gets his just deserts.

BTT. Walk Tall, yes I know what is represented to the c/o by an elder or the body is all one sided. The c/o will act as judge, jury & executioner without the one being spoken off to present his side or for the c/o to actually spend some time with that person during his visit to get to know him. (Personal experience).

Mattieu

• wobble
    wobble

What is CBD territory ? Calling on the Borg's Dead ?

Love

Wobble

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I was wondering that too. Maybe it's congregation book study territory, and his finger slipped on the S. Even then it's not a term I'm familiar with.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

Central Business District

• slimboyfat
  • WalkTall
    WalkTall

Thanks all. This is just one of the those things about this religion that always made me uncomfortable, even when I was a firm believer. To think that a person's 'sprituality' is being reported on and evaluated by a group of men behind closed doors, is just creepy I always wondered when talking to the CO what he thinks he knows about me and my family.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Walk Tall posted: "This is just one of the those things about this religion that always made me uncomfortable, even when I was a firm believer. To think that a person's 'sprituality' is being reported on and evaluated by a group of men behind closed doors, is just creepy..."

I am strongly reminded of the Salem witch trials... Zid

Oh! P.S. the color combination of yellow and black was once considered to be the "liveries" of the Devil... ["The Complete Book of The Devil's Disciples" by Leonard R. N. Ashley, page 253]...

Which would mean there are many "Devil-colors" road signs in the U.S.... Zid

• hoser
    hoser

and when the CO leaves it's up to the local elders to do all the dirty work. He just gets to walk away.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit