by m2u 39 Replies latest jw friends

• m2u
    m2u

What do you think was the single most high impact event of 2000?

1 choice per person.

m2u

• waiting
    waiting

I want 2 choices.

waiting

• larc
    larc

:) :) Armageddon - it came invisibly, and we are living in an invisible paradise.

Actual Choice: Tiger Woods - first time in my life I ever watched golf on television.

For those of who think I'm superfical, shallow, and obtuse. You're right, and I love it! (and I can cite 45 scriptures to prove it)

Tiger Woods meant more to me than Bush and Gore combined.

• Prisca
    Prisca
    Tiger Woods meant more to me than Bush and Gore combined

Haha... from a female's point of view he's a lot better looking too!

Prisca
    (Celebate Single class)

• Simon
    Simon

I think the world (notable exception being the US) has finally woken up to the fact that global warming IS happening and something needs to be done.
    Unfortunately politicians, as always, let us down and failed to get the agreements at the recent earh summit. It is very disappointing that the USA is responsible for a disproportionate amount of the pollution.
    The UK has suffered some major flooding recently and is ready to make tactical withdrawls from certain areas of coastline which can't be defended.
    What will things be like in 50 years time i wonder?

• ZazuWitts
    ZazuWitts

Unfortunately your post is all too true Simon. And, our newly Supreme Court appointed president is not strong on this issue. At least three of his
    cabinet picks have, at one time or another, even ridiculed the idea of global warming. His new EPA chief does acknowledge/support it's danger, but since her appointment has been critized outright by at least two of the other
    cabinet picks, and particularly the
    new Attorney General, I'm afraid this will be a very weak administration on this issue.

• Xandit
    Xandit

Hey, it has to be George W. getting elected president, what else?

If you looked out my window you might not be so certain about this gloabl warming business.

• OrangeVale Bob
    OrangeVale Bob

Might be myoptic on my part, but I think that it's the election debacle as well. I think the election was fraudulent. Most people I talk to agree and feel that both parties are crooked. The Supreme Court demonstrated that they don't render impartial decisions. The lack of respect for the government and the legal system has increased dramatically. With lack of respect comes lawlessness.
    Many third world countries look up to the US and consider it to be a model democracy (probably because of Hollywood's influence). We just proved to them that we're as dirty as anyone.
    No offense to any Bush supporters out there, but the guy isn't even very bright, just very rich. Can you imagine him negotiating with other world leaders?

Simon has a valid point, whether or not you agree with the global warming theory. Global pollution, contributing to global warming, is a serious problem.

larc,
    My dad used to watch golf on tv. I never could understand it, you really gotta be a golf lover to watch it. Now if it were attractive women in skimpy outfits, maybe.....Ok, ok I don't really mean it. I've dated too many feminists to really think that way.

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Bob,

I went into a feminist bookstore the other day. I looked more female than anybody in there. Clint Eastwood

Just to keep the male/female thing even around here.

waiting

• mommy
    mommy

Hey ovb Don't knock it until you try it:)
    I watched golf once...
    BEST nap I ever had:)
    purrrrred like a kitten!
    mommy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit