The Wisdom of No Escape and the Path of Loving Kindness- No need for religion in spirituality

by OnTheWayOut 52 Replies latest jw friends

• awildflower
    awildflower

bythesea, Nice to meet you! My journey started two years ago this month actually when Oprah did her thing with Eckhart Tolle and A New Earth and I remember how every cell in my body just resonated with this stuff and because I was already on my way out of the org, it just helped me so much to see how ludicrous that whole life really was and how far off the mark they are, and not just jw's but "religion" itself. I have Eckhart in the car but not Wayne....yet. I'm getting ready to listen to Stillness Speaks by Tolle on cd. In all actuality, when I read Jesus words through Awareness, I can see what he was saying, that we have it within us, we always have. And to me all those miracles he performed, was his way of showing us what we are really capable of if we only knew it! But people made a religion out of him and missed the point. I could talk for hours on that but the gist is that I think man is waking up in general because it's time and as we do we are going to witness things we didn't think were possible.

How's life in Aruba?

• startingover
    startingover

Good stuff! Thanks for the posts everyone.

• poppers
    poppers

BTTT

• Heaven
    Heaven

OTWO, thank you so much for starting this thread. One of my 'awakening' moments was when someone sincerely and honestly asked me to prove that God exists. I was stopped dead in my tracks. Up until that moment, I hadn't even questioned the existence of God. I was stunned by the fact that I really had no hard, physical evidence that I could provide. It was at that point that I started to wonder about a great many things that I had been taught as a child.

I'm going to start my day with reading a verse from the Tao.

awildflower, I think this is a wonderful idea! Beats 'Examining the Scriptures Daily' ANY day.

I have my personal copy on the way - I have used an online version for a while now - but look forward to the printed version.

The Tao Te Ching creates a new pathway without sending you down that pathway. Everyone's Tao is their own.

Jeff, I have to get a copy of this as well. It's on my list. (I save up my purchases and get the Amazon or Chapters freebie shipping ). Thank you so much to you and awildflower for speaking about this. I have only had a cursory look at some online information about the Tao. I look forward to reading more. I so love the idea that "Everyone's Tao is their own."

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Many people go to experts, to allow themselves to let go, to not be responsible for their own life...In effect to lose themselves. This is not acceptable in Taoism which teaches each person to embrace their own heart fully. You release into the heart, not let go of life.

This truth was self-evident when I left the JW's, but it is also evident when I read threads or get questions from firm believers in something. Some want to be the experts and some want to consult the experts. But if they are happy with believing that Christ called them, there is no need to prove it to unbelievers. If they love how the Bible speaks to them, there is no need to prove that it is the word of God.

I fully dismiss the Bible and belief in the Almighty, but I am very spiritual. I get it. If there are many paths to Nirvana, Heaven, Bliss, Paradise, etc.... then I am confident that I am on mine. If there is only one path, and it requires something of me that I am not prepared to give, then I will be okay missing out on it.

You can't save another person. Don't think you are being a life guard here. Every person needs to work out problems on their own terms. Otherwise people can't truly transform. In other words you can guide a person but they still have to walk their own path. And forcing the guidance on others who say "No thank you" accomplishes the opposite of the desired result. You push people away from your doctrine rather than draw them to it. Many spiritual leaders tell people not to trust themselves but to rely on the spiritual leaders. They create a following and self is lost.

I am so repelled by religion that even the Tao that requires nothing of me often disturbs me. So many authors today call themselves Master Taoists or Grand Yogi or whatever. That smacks of organized religion and telling me how to "follow." These same ones tell me to kill the Buddha, but then tell me how to make them the Buddha. Just like WTS, they are mainly "selling literature." Buy it if it helps, but remember that and follow your own path.

If we tell others to strive after virtue in a certain way, say as obedient Christians, then we are no better than the Nazis seeking purity.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Thanks for the post.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

An INCREDIBLE post!!! I wonder if there is anyway to get it to appear in the Watchtower.

AWF, I started reading Dr. Dyer about 3 years ago and a close friend of mine told me to stop reading it because it was going to take me out of the "the truth". Guess he was right.

• dgp
    dgp

On the Way Out, thanks for the post. How refreshing. If only most of us thought that way...

• willyloman
    willyloman

Bottom line: Spirituality unites; religion divides.

• JWalker
    JWalker

from Meister Eckhart :

"The price of inaction is far greater than the cost of making a mistake."

with other quotes in www.brainyquotes.com

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit