To what degree due you think "Internet killed the "Jehovah's Witness" radio star."

by Witness 007 31 Replies latest jw experiences

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Internet was most helpful in causing my departure. I started having doubt at the same time the Internet became available to the general public. One of the first things I did was type in "Jehovah witnesses" and read eagerly what came up it took about a year before I was gone.

• brainwashed-from-birth
    brainwashed-from-birth

I'm sure it made many GB members and elders very nervous, and I am sure it has helped many people see the non sense in that faith.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

I looked, pretty sure I would know what I would find on the internet. If they were soooo afraid of what would happen to my faith if I read even a paragraph, a story, and article, I knew some if it had to be true.

You see, I already stepped in JW dog shit, and some of it was still in my shoes, so to speak.

I already knew that opposers were out there. When I officially started to lurk here, and read up on freeminds, I knew what I would write about: Problems, false prophecies, lies, and damn lies.

Which is what I found.

• tmj4477
    tmj4477

The internet did not help me I figured thier teachings were full of crap when I was a teenager and left in 1994.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

The inter-net is definitely doing some damage, particular in those countries where there is broad use of the Net.

Must remember that there many countries that still don't have the net and a high amount of computer usage.

There is a on going softening approach that the WTS. has implemented of recent, this may be that they are trying

make it easier on the flock so that they remain intact.

The Net does a pretty good job of exposing the organization's hypocrisy and corruption.

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

Im pretty sure that if you killed the society in the technologically advanced countries that the rest would fall into the hole behind it because money would rapidly cease to come in and there would be nothing to support their drug habit any more.

In my case... doubts came first 1986 --> internet in 1996 -----> search of Jehovahs Witnesses -----> like 2 million HITS ------> FREEMINDS ------> Crisis of Conscience ------> Library to read same (running into POs wife on the library steps on the way out lol) ------> Extreme ANGER!!------>DA letter -------> FREEDOM!!!!!!

• xbro
    xbro

if only we could get more of them to read about their so called truth!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Well I left before the internet was widely available so it didn't help me get out of the WTS.

But it did help get the WTS out of me.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

It may have been wounded by the internet but it is still walking. But, as far as I am concerned it was over in 2000 for me when I found out all their scandals on various internet sites. Most of what I learned confirmed what I suspected for years. I could no longer in good conscience continue in this religion. How could I go knocking on people's doors telling them about this religion when I know what I know? I just can't. I am sorry about all the broken dreams and a few kind souls but I cannot be a part of this. I was just plain deceived. That is all there really is to say.

• Heaven
    Heaven

The Internet prevented me from joining. I have thought a lot about my Spirituality over the years as it is one area of my life that has not had a lot of attention.

I was curious to see if things with the JWs had changed after all these years and I discovered that, not only had I been correct as a teenager in the '70s, there are many things I hadn't known that are very damaging and that nothing has changed except for maybe things are worse amongst them.

I have purposely NOT book-marked the JWN website. I use the Google link so that I help it remain a highly clicked one, trying to ensure it stays on page 1 or 2 of the links brought up when "Jehovah's Witnesses" is typed in on the search field.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit