To what degree due you think "Internet killed the "Jehovah's Witness" radio star."

by Witness 007 31 Replies latest jw experiences

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

I remember getting my first crapy computer for $200 bucks and clicking on the internet for the first time....I said to myself: "I may just look up my Jehovah's Witness brothers on here.....Free Minds Watching the Watchtower hmmm .....what?......ohhhh what?.....nahhhh way.....really?"

So the nails in my faith coffin began to be hammered in RIP. So how big an influence was the net in your leaving?

• loosie
    loosie

I love the internet. It helped me get out.

• shamus100
    shamus100

So how big an influence was the net in your leaving?

Zero.

• Simon Morley
    Simon Morley

Reinforced what was already a series of doubts. If I had access to the Intenet 20 years ago - I would not have wasted 20 years. The Russell Miricle Wheat shows the truth and mission statement of this corporation - $.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

I remember coming across this site and thinking you were all creepy APOSTATES! Untill I joined the darkside.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

It was the medium I used to research my doubts. Books were harder to come by, in fact, I got in trouble for ordering Crisis of Conscience. So had it not been for the internet, I would probably still be in, but frustrated as hell. I can give it nearly all the credit for my leaving.

• Farkel
    Farkel

I didn't have the benefit of the internet when I got out.

Movable type had just been invented back then so even books were not very widely available.

Farkel

• nelly136
    nelly136

it wasnt any influence on my leaving or staying out, but i did think it could be the beginning of the end for a publishing company now people could get their innoculations online.

not so much the old forever ins and will die ins, more the children and grandchildren of those and prospective new recruits.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    To what degree due you think "Internet killed the "Jehovah's Witness" radio star."

On the contrary, the Internet is a major setback for apostates and saved the Watchtower Society.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/100638/1/How-the-Internet-Means-The-End-for-Apostates-and-Opposers-of-the-Society

• The Finger
    The Finger

I left the "truth" because of reading the Watchtower and it finally made no sense at all. Never read any apostate material or listened to any apostates.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit