Volunteering

by Quillsky 13 Replies latest jw friends

• wobble
    wobble

Saint Nelly of the second-hand clothes !

Well done, it always interested me that the word Paul used about the greatest gift being love, in the Latin is Caritas, from which we get our word "charity".

I always thought the WT missed the import of this, I now know they ignored the import of it, the only connection they have with charity is registering as one for the tax advantages.

Well done Nelly, and all who do some real work for others.

Love

Wobble

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Yeah life is kindda empty right now....boring!

• nelly136
    nelly136

queen o' toot n tat wobble :D

the shop is only the small part of the charity, the real bit is an adapted 2 bed holiday chalet in order to give people who may not otherwise be able to have a holiday. its ramped and converted for easy access.

right now we're having a problem with the campsite maintenance updates side which impedes on the practicalities of using the chalet to its proper potential which in return stops us getting revenue coming back so we're in a kinda catch 22 situation. tis a proper pain in the bum.

• cry
    cry

Oh, I should mention, that one of the volunteers I support is a J.W. She is a lovely woman, who has gone through a lot. Here ex-husband (elder) cheated on her, was disfellowshipped, got re-instated with his new wife. She had a mental breakdown, and was recommended to us for some voluntary work. She knows my family, but pretends not to. I know that she knows me as an 'apostate'(ish) and she knows that I know her as a JW, but we keep it out of the equation. She is so sweet and I care a lot about her, but I cannot use my position to talk about the TRUTH. She is too vulnerable for me to do this. It's like we do a little dance around it. Sometimes I want to shout out the truth to her, but I cannot, as it would not be appropriate. She has come on so much, and is well liked by everyone, but she never talks about the FALSE - she obviously sees it as inappropriate too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit