ex bethelite experiences

by escape-artist 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Nathan Natas
  • Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I'm no car expert, so I can't say with certainty that these are Rutherford's cadillacs, or even that these cars belonged to JFR. It is a matter of history, though, that during the Depression Rutherford enjoyed owning TWO luxurious Cadillacs.

But that's because he was special, right?

• escape-artist
    escape-artist

ok so i just found out you can only post 10 times in a day lol. any way i planed to stay at bethel for the rest of my life, i may as well be honest....i had problems staying focused as a single brother.in my congregation there realy wasent many sisters my age, and the few i knew from the congregations near me where leaving the truth or the city. i could stay focused in my congregation, but when i got to bethel it was like a miss universe pagent....all the sisters that were not old were hot and i dont even need to menchon the tours. so i decided to work extra hard in my assignment and congregation so i could stay focused because 95 percent of all women there were married, so it was not right to be tempted by them. they give you house keeper training which puts you alone with a sister who trains you how to keep your room in order.....man was that tough, and i wasent the only brother having trouble. so anyway i tried to work extra hard in my assignment, the whole idea was to do everything perfectly....... no joke, the competition was every single day as to who was the best fork lift driver and picker. creating orders for the loades going on the trucks was called picking and it was a big deal as to who was the best at it.

• escape-artist
    escape-artist

i think one of the reasons it was so competitive at bethel was because the idea was "more work less people" the better you were at your job the more likely you could be made an asistant overseer or even an overseer. looking back on it now, i understand that all jobs paid the same.....nothing. but peer presure to do well and be populare was stronger then anything i have ever felt in my life. my biggest number one problem at bethel was having a roomate in those tiny rooms, i need privacy to re energize myself and there was zero privacy anywhere at wallkill bethel. there was no place without people making noise, and my roomate liked to play his music up realy loud. bieng around that many people all the time realy whore me out, i mean i seriously need my space which i had plenty of when i was pioneering. it was hard to get to know my congregation because my mind was absorbed with bethel andentrance school....which sucks because you learn absolutely nothing lol. but because my congregation was 45 minuets away i couldnt just up and go visit people like i would at home. i tried auxilary pioneering and it about killed me lol. the strange thing is that there was this overpowering love i had for what i was doing, i truly felt i was doing it for god....so i loved being at work...i would literaly not want to leave, i wanted to have everything in that warehouse memorized. but my asignment was far from perfect because there were personality problems and racial tension, this confused me because i never had racial issues in the world.....and that was suposed to be the house of god.

• cofty
    cofty
    but my asignment was far from perfect because there were personality problems and racial tension, this confused me because i never had racial issues in the world.....and that was suposed to be the house of god.

That's really interesting, its news to me. I would be interested to know more about that

• escape-artist
    escape-artist

ok well as far as personality issues, you have a lot of clicks at bethel just like you would in some congregations. and lots of kids that dont even want to be there but have to because of family presure....what happens when one of those kids that just want to party all night gets put in a room with a serious bethelite that wants to study for parts.....well you have a clash. also as far as race, bethel has people from all over the country....including cities that are mostly one race...what happens when one of those brothers come to bethel and has to work closely with every race imaginable....that some times dose not turn out well.

• E.ZenoneSr@comcast.net

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit