ex bethelite experiences

by escape-artist 26 Replies latest jw friends

• escape-artist
    escape-artist

nathan natas that is crazy, it is hard to imagine contrabutions being used to by high seniority people cars and suits. the major hypocritical thing about that is the vow of poverty, we all took a vow of poverty so how did they get new cars and things? they should not have exepted them even as gifts because of there vow. not a good example to there brothers and sisters in keeping things simple.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Yes, I know it was more than a hobby raising the livestock. But, all the work and money and time raising livestock, I would think would equal the money spent on buying outside food. I heard they no longer have as many animals at the farm. Well, I am bias in this, I am a vegetarian. So, when I hear some at the hall mention the angus cattle at the farm and how delicious they are, it's one more thing that turns my stomach.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

were you around when they switched from calling it the FARM to Walkill? oh boy call it the Farm now and it's like taking out a green Bible

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

But ALL THE WORK is FREE!

Bethelites don't get paid a salary, they get a monthly allowance of next-to-nothing (they don't even accrue Social Security benefits!), meals and a roof over their heads.

If god didn't want us to eat animals he wouldn't have made them so tasty. Think BACON. Slices of pork belly cured and smoked to perfection! And you don't need to wait for the millennium - it's at the corner grocery RIGHT NOW!

• Out at Last!
    Out at Last!

...thats how the animals died, they were stuned and cut open to bleed out.

how are animals killed outside of bethel?

It sounds pretty much the same way we did it on the farm. Cattle and hogs were done the same way.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Is it true they stayed away from poultry farming because Knorr couln't stand the thought of choking a chicken?

• yknot
    yknot
    Is it true they stayed away from poultry farming because Knorr couln't stand the thought of choking a chicken?

• doublelife
    doublelife

some times they would wake up while being cut open and you saw an animal hanging by its legs screaming with blood pooring out of it till it choaked on its own blood

I hate the thought of an animal screaming, helpless, and choking on its own blood. The desire to be a vegetarian and believing in the bible always caused a lot of cognitive dissonance in me. I'm much more at peace now.

how are animals killed outside of bethel?

According to the videos I've seen it's the same.

• dissed
    dissed

In the 1970's I worked in the slaughterhouse killing chickens. It was not my choice to do so and I found it disgusting.

Since then, I've hardly eaten chicken.

They had the nerve to feed us chicken on the day of the kill. (5,000 killed in one day) I left the table during lunch, I was so mad.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

i worked in what we called 'meat works' here in aust. sounds like a regular kill method...

one day, a real big bull got knocked... well, it fell over dead... then with a hole in its head up it got, before the guys could chain its legs and ran up the blood tunnel, scattering workers on the kill floor and out the building! They had to send some guys with guns to catch it in the paddocks and finish the job.

The poor freaked out animal (now dead for real) was then dragged back and had to be cut up and fed into the hopper as the adrenilin in its system poisioned the meat.

sorry if this little story upsets some of you... It is 99% of the time a humane death as oposed to just sliting the throat.

oz

side note; Does anybody have photos of fat cat bethelites and their cadillacs!?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit