You Know it's God's Channel

by Lionel_P_Hartley 14 Replies latest jw friends

• AlanF
    AlanF

: I reply, again: What have they "channeled" to me from Jehovah that I couldn't read in the Bible?

Absolutely nothing. You Know it and I know it. But they claim to channel information to all of mankind who wish salvation. Since their claim is false (which you admit), they are falsely claiming to speak in God's name. Thus they are false teachers and therefore false prophets.

Excellent points, Lionel!

AlanF

• You Know
    You Know

You remind me of a dog exalting over having caught it's tail after a furious chase. LOL / You Know

• Lionel_P_Hartley
    Lionel_P_Hartley

Robert,

Is that the same chained up dog that you so loved to torment as a nasty little boy?

Maybe mama told you not to do it, but papa egged you on?

LPH

• AlanF
    AlanF

: You remind me of a dog exalting over having caught it's tail after a furious chase. LOL

This is a classic example of You Know finally resorting to the spiritually cowardly device of answering with pure ad hominems.

My proof is complete.

AlanF

• JeffT
    JeffT

Some things the Watchtower has said about itself.

“Unless we are in touch with this channel of communication that God is using, we will not progress along the road to life no matter how much Bible reading we do.” WT 12/1/81

“The Watchtower Bible and Tract society is the Greatest Corporation in the world because from the time of its organization until now God has used it as his channel through which to make known the Glad Tidings.” Zion’s Watchtower 1917

“Sole collective Channel for the flow of Biblical Truth to men on Earth.” WT 7/15/60

In the early 1900’s when a number of Bible Students suggested that the Watchtower was unnecessary, and the Bible could be studied alone Charles Russell made this remark:

“This suggestion sounded loyal to God’s Word, but it was not so. It was merely the effort of those teachers to come between the people and THE DIVINELY PROFIDED LIGHT UPON GOD’S WORD.” (emphasis Russell’s) WT 1909 p371

Not only does the Watchtower claim to be men’s only source of communication with God, it also implies that salvation is only possible through association with the Watchtower:

“And while now the witness yet includes the invitation to come to Jehovah’s organization for salvation…” WT 11/15/81

“To keep in relationship with ‘Our Savior, God,’ the ‘great crowd’ needs to remain united with the remnant of spiritual Israelites.” WT 11/15/79

By inserting itself and a separate class of Christians between God and men, the Watchtower also establishes itself as the mediator between God and the vast majority of people living today, even establishing a relationship with the Watchtower as a requirement for prayer:

“So in this strict Biblical sense Jesus is the mediator only for anointed Christians…The ‘great crowd’ of ‘other sheep’ that is forming today is not in that new covenant. However by associating with the ‘little flock’ of those yet in that covenant they come under the benefits that flow from that new covenant.” WT 4/1/79

“They recognize that they are not spiritual Israelites in the new covenant mediated by Jesus Christ.” WT 11/15/79

“However for God to answer our prayers for his spirit we must meet his conditions, among which is that we must recognize the visible channel he is using for that very purpose.” WT 7/1/65

The Watchtower also demands complete obedience to its teachings:

“Newcomers must learn to fall in line with the principles and policies of the New World Society and to act in harmony with them, so that all may function smoothly for the welfare and blessing of all within the organization.” WT 6/56 p345

“Some claiming to be fully devoted to Jehovah find it difficult to learn to be obedient to organizational instructions. If you do, that is sufficient reason for a careful self-examination to see what is your standing before the Lord… Angels are delegated by the Lord to convey his instructions to the members of his organization on earth. Just how this is done is not necessary to understand.” WT 12/33 p364

“We cannot claim to love God, yet deny his word and channel of communication… Those who recognize Jehovah’s visible theocratic organization, therefore, must recognize and accept this appointment of the ‘faithful and discreet slave’ and be submissive to it… Make haste to identify the visible theocratic organization of God that represents his king, Jesus Christ. It is essential for life. Doing so, be complete in accepting its every aspect.” WT 10/1/67

I think the above quotes speak for themselves.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit