I received an email from Ray Franz

by Out at Last! 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Out at Last!
    Out at Last!

I have read on this site that if you write to Ray, he will reply. I was skeptical about this, so I wrote him about how much I appreciated reading the book Crisis of Conscience and thanked him for his time and effort in writing and documenting his experiences in bethel. After a few weeks with no reply, I thought that I would never get one. It came today, just short of a month since I sent the email. He first apoligized for taking so long to respond, but the after effects of a small stroke years ago and his advancing age leaves him tired. He said that he is getting more mail than ever with CoC being published in 13 languages. He truly is a kind and caring person. On May 8th he will be 87 years old, please join me then in wishing him a happy birthday and continued health and happiness.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

happy birthday. Wait does he celebrate birthdays? jk

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

Awww Wow that is so great!! He must be a wonderful guy. Yes I heard many claims to that he can be reached through email. That's so lovely... I do want to thank him too but I don't want to make an obligation for him to write back. I just have been doing him the favor of passing his book along. So nice to hear though and nice of you to share with us, Out At Last!

• Out at Last!
    Out at Last!

does he celebrate birthdays? jk

I think he does, only those CRAZY jehovah's witnesses don't celebrate birthdays, those celebrations always end up with someone loosing their head.

• zoiks
    zoiks

It's really cool that you received a response. The man deserves nothing but respect and admiration. A genuinely good human being. The way that he is viewed by JWs who know who he is but nothing more, is truly appalling.

• stillin
    stillin

that's a whole lot better than the response to the last TWO letters I have written to the Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses. My letters were literate, polite and concise enough to recognise that a response was called for...but no. Then two weeks ago the Watchtower study covers points on good manners, including how RUDE it is to ignore somebody! Even some of the local elders have expressed surprise at the subtle "dissing" that I'm getting!

• Out at Last!
    Out at Last!

Stillin, first of all I am sorry you are still in. That is the exact conversation I had with my sister today. You can write to the "society" repeatedly with never a response. Imagine the thousands of letters and emails that Ray gets, and he answers them ALL! I am sure that parts of it are in a form letter, because it was very long, but he does respond. He is an incredible man.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Please dont send any thing to his home address ,Which I should not have told any one...I did Sorry!!!

He said also he received SO many good wishes last year that he truly can not answer all with thanks

He knows how much you all appreicate his book. He is truly the most humble man I ever met...
    Some weirdo's have been threatning them in the snail mail .I guess threatning an old 87 year old man

some enjoy!!!

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

((((((((((((((((((((((((((RAY)))))))))))))))))))))))))))

I don't know if Ray lets himself even begin to feel how enormously he has helped so many of us.

He is truly a gift in men.

:0) A&W

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I wonder if another Ray Franz will jump ranks?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit