Which Futurama character do you relate to?

by dissed 19 Replies latest jw friends

• dissed
    dissed

WARNING:Be advised this is a fluff piece. It is not intended to be taken seriously (leec) If you are offended by fluff and other silly things, please feel free to go on to other, more serious and more intrigueing threads found on JWN, the number one JW discussion forum in the known Universe.

Futurama is an awsome show. Futurama is a great American TV adult oriented cartoon. Futurama is one of my favorites.

I love the humor and clever wit, and especially how the creators have developed the characters. Some of the episodes are pure classic. "How Evil Santa came to be?" "Benders floating through space contemplating the meaning of life, then meets God." Creative thoughts like 'Bachelor Chow, Slurm, and living heads, superb. In some ways I can relate to all of them, as I see myself doing some of the things they have done.

Which leads to my not-so-serious question of the day. Which character do you relate to the most?

I've already got AlltimeJeff pegged as Zap Brannigan, OUTLAW as Bender, and Palmtree as Leela, and myself? Professor Farnsworth, of course.

So who would you be, and why? ..........I promise, this is just another cheesy way to get know each other better.

Listed below is a refresher of the main characters for your convenience.

Philip J. Fry
    Fry is a dim-witted, immature, slovenly pizza delivery boy who falls into a cryogenic pod, causing it to activate and freeze him just after midnight on January 1, 2000, reawakening on New Year's Eve, 2999. He gets a job as a cargo delivery boy at Planet Express, a company owned by his only living relative, Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth. His love for Leela is a recurring theme throughout the series.
    Turanga Leela
    Leela is the competent, one-eyed captain of the Planet Express Ship. Abandoned as a baby, she grew up in the Cookieville Minimum Security Orphanarium, believing herself to be an alien from another planet, but she later learns that she is actually a mutant from the sewers. Prior to becoming the ship's captain, Leela worked as a career assignment officer at the cryonics lab where she first met Fry. She is Fry's primary love interest. Her name is a reference to the Turangalîla-Symphonie by Olivier Messiaen.
    Bender Bending RodrĂ­guez
    Bender is a heavy-drinking, cigar-smoking, kleptomaniacal, misanthropic, egocentric, ill-tempered robot. He was originally programmed to bend girders for suicide booths, and later is designated ship's cook. He is Fry's best friend and roomate He is also known to have deep desires to be a folk singer and a chef. He was built in Mexico.
    Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth
    Over 160 years old, Professor Hubert Farnsworth is Fry's distant nephew. Farnsworth founded Planet Express to fund his mad scientist experiments and inventions. He clones himself to create a successor, Cubert Farnsworth, whom he treats like a son.
    Dr. John A. Zoidberg
    Zoidberg is a lobster-like alien from the planet Decapod 10 and is the neurotic staff physician of Planet Express. Although he claims to be an expert on humans, his knowledge of human anatomy and physiology is woefully inadequate. Zoidberg is homeless, penniless and, despite being depicted as Professor Farnsworth's long-term friend, held in contempt by everyone on the crew, except Fry.
    Amy Wong
    Amy is an incredibly rich, blunt, spoiled and accident-prone long-term intern at Planet Express. She is an engineering student at Mars University and heiress to the western hemisphere of Mars. Though born on Mars, she is ethnically Chinese and is prone to cursing in Cantonese and using 31st-century slang. Her parents are the wealthy ranchers Leo and Inez Wong. Although initially portrayed as somewhat promiscuous, she eventually develops a lasting monogamous relationship with Kif Kroker.
    Hermes Conrad
    Hermes is the Jamican accountant of Planet Express. A 36th-level bureaucrat (promoted to level 34 during the series) and proud of it, he is a stickler for regulation and enamored of the tedium of paperwork and bureaucracy. Hermes is also a former champion in Olympic Limbo, a sport derived from the popular party activity. He gave up limbo after the 2980 Olympics when a young fan, imitating him, broke his back and died. Hermes has a wife, LaBarbara, and a 12-year-old son, Dwight.
    Zapp Brannigan
    Zapp Brannigan is not a member of the Planet Express crew but appears regularly in Futurama. He is the strutting, egocentric, sleazy, and incompetent captain of the Doop starship Nimbus. He is a satirical pastiche of Captain Kirk and William Shatner. He pursues Leela relentlessly, often at personal risk (such as being beaten up and or punched in the face).
    Kif Kroker
    Zapp Brannigan's 4th Lieutenant and long-suffering personal assistant, Kif is a member of the amphibious species that inhabits the planet Amphibios 9. Although extremely timid, he eventually works up the courage to date Amy.
    Nibbler
    Nibbler is Leela's pet Nibblonian, whom she rescued from an imploding planet and adopted early in the series. While the size of an average housecat, his race is capable of devouring much larger animals and excretes dark matter, which until Bender's Game is used as fuel for space cruisers in the series. Despite his deceptively cute exterior, Nibbler is actually a highly intelligent superbeing whose race is responsible for maintaining order in the universe. He is revealed in "The Why of Fry" to have been directly responsible for Fry's cryogenic freezing.
  • dissed
    dissed

Tomorrow we leave on vacation. This is the type of thread you post in between packing the luggage.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

I want to be Kif, because he got to sleep with Amy.

"Actually I don't have bones. My body is supported by a system of gas filled bladders."

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Honestly I vacillate between Bender and Fry.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Leela, without a doubt. Although I have a soft spot for Zoidberg

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

Honestly I vacillate between Bender and Fry.

Same here

• FollowerOfSet
    FollowerOfSet

Morbo!!! Definitely Morbo

• kitten whiskers
    kitten whiskers

I'm gonna have to fight Outlaw to be Bender...I love his catch phrase. "Bite my shiny metal a##". Yep. That just sums up so much!

• pixiesticks
    pixiesticks

Nibbler. Definitely. I even have the cape. :D

• dissed
    dissed

I love Morbo. Says the most outragious things and hardly gets noticed. "When we come to destroy you...."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit