To all you non-believers... PROOF of the great flood of the bible.

by whereami 18 Replies latest jw friends

• whereami
  • whereami
    whereami

Silence speaks so much louder than words.

• PrimateDave
  • bohm
    bohm

Whereami: Ah, I see where that foolish atheist goes wrong. Everyone knows that the ark-story begins by when the angels got horny and banged a lot of earth-women. Ofcourse it seem silly when you leave out that important, clarifying, detail!.

• jaguarbass
  • shamus100
    shamus100

What???

It's bullshit?

• SeekingSanity
    SeekingSanity

I remember seeing a history channel/discovery channel show about noah's ark, that described that it could have been a mistranslation (and is most likely). It said that Noah was a business man and had infact a business of transporting goods and animals to different parts across rivers. And that they could have infact built the ark for business purposes directed by God but transported animals as business means (don't quote me). When the flood came Noah was probably on the ark transporting animals and so forth according to the business needs. When it stopped raining, he saw and looked in all directions that there was no land to be seen anywhere and thought 'the whole world has flooded ' ...and the whole atlantis sinking thing. I may not know whether the actual situation of Noah's flood is true or not, But i'm not looking for places to find it to be false. I'm not spending my time looking for ways to PROOVE the belief that God doesn't exist.

God is love. Love exists everywhere in the hearts of people that want it and desire and yearn for it. How can you say God doesn't exist and turn around and look at your wife and say 'i love you' ...or your son...daughter...friend...neighbor.

And for those that state 'love is nothing more then eating large quanities of chocolate' ...don't understand what love really is. they havn't felt that deep intimate love that literally makes you cry with utter joy where you don't care whether you get married, have a house, or live on the streets, but that you are utterly happy for being alive, and just being YOU and knowing that love...the most powerful energy there is...is infact alive...because when you feel it....it's nothing like eating large quanities of chocolate. It's not an EMOTION... Love is more than that. Usually people get all 'emotional ' and say 'I LOVE YOU!!!!' ....that's not love....love is (like the matrix said) a connection... God connects us all those that want love. But in order to see God.. or KNOW God...you gotta accept first the idea of 'truth' ...and the truth is...there IS a God. If you can't even accept that, how can anyone say that God doesn't EXIST and prove it by a mistranslated and mistold ...telephone game story that existed over 5000 years ago? you shouldn't be looking for ways to prove he doesn't exist, but find ways that he does. If your aim was infact to prove his existance, you'd find it. But it's more comfortable to feel that no one controls your destiny except you. Or at least that's what most athetist feel. but you fail to realize that if you knew truth...you'd be free...to make your own destiny...and that there is a black board that's got your entire purpose written on it..but its not by GOD it's YOU that writes it.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Good stuff.

• awildflower
    awildflower

Here's my question about the flood: How did only eight people repopulate the earth? I mean someone do the math (I can't ) on how many kids they would have had to have a year and how many people that would have been say up to Jesus day? Plus how they spread to the WHOLE earth? Idk, don't think it could have been carried out that way......Maybe Poppers can do the math?.........wf

• Heaven
    Heaven

Good question awildflower. I like B the X's question: How did the kangaroos end up only in Australia?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit