why did all the jws hate cliff richard so much?

by looloo 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• Chalam
    Chalam

Here's a good quote :)

The more I read my Bible the more I veered away from the Jehovah's Witnesses.
    Quotation of Cliff Richard

http://www.icelebz.com/quotes/cliff_richard/

Blessings,

Stephen

• freddo
    freddo

I saw an interview by Piers Morgan of Cliff Richard last night - and he came across as a thoroughly decent man. If I am as fit as he is at 70 then I shall be very pleased indeed!

• Chalam
    Chalam

Yes, I saw that too, highly recommended!

Cliff Richard - When Piers Met Sir Cliff 1

Blessings,

Stephen

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They will hate anyone who is gay (like Elton John). They will hate anyone that has heard of the witlesses but has rejected them (especially anyone that was once a witless).

They also hate someone that puts out a song titled "Devil Woman". Cliff Richard did a song called Devil Woman, and it was a US hit in the late summer of 1976. They assume his other songs are also dirty, even though they are not (and I could not really find anything especially dirty about "Devil Woman", since it is warning the audience of such a being).

Notably, the slimebag that dragged me into the cancer hated Journey and told me that all Journey records were off-limits, automatically.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I never heard of him before, seems like quite the legend for the Brits. I loved his house in Bermuda;)

• Ben57
    Ben57

I do not know any JW that hates Cliff Richard unless they just do not like his music.

Last night I took my whole family (6 of us) to the Cliff and the Shadows 50 th aniversary tour. The night before another family from my congregation went as well and I know several others did.

Hank Marvine is a JW. However he does not do much in the way of the house to house ministry becasue most peopke according to his think it is a jock TV show and do not take it seriously when he knocks on thier door. See the following linmk where this is reported

http://barneteye.blogspot.com/2009/09/hank-marvin-false-dots-and-candid.html

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hello Ben57 and welcome!

I agree, the opening comment in the thread is a bit of a blanket statement.

I am not a fan of Cliff's music but I was impressed with him on the program :)

Blessings,

Stephen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit