Undermining confidence in the wonderful Borg

by leo999 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• leo999
    leo999

Hi , I need some help to convince someone that feels the problems all lie with people in our congregaions that are 'imperfect' , but that the FDS and the WT are wonderful . I am doing this over the net , and have sent articles on the Spanish bethel .

Has anyone any suggestions on subjects / info to undermine their view that all is rosy in the Borg ?

Thanks ,

Leo 999

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

You might be able to point out the obvious double standard.

When WT prints an error or untruth, it's called a mistake or old light.

When the Catholic church prints an error or untruth, it's called false religion and inspired utterances of demons.

Have you read Don Cameron's book, 'Captives of a Concept'? You might find some interesting tidbits in there.

• freewilly01
    freewilly01

Thats the point its as good as its members.....................its not as good as it says it is right?

• Think About It
    Think About It

Has anyone any suggestions on subjects / info to undermine their view that all is rosy in the Borg ?

From what I've determined since coming here is......the bORG seems to be doing a good enough job on their own without any additional help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEWYOo5Ymu8

Think About It

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Leo,

That have been programed by repeated meeting attendance, and have it drummed into their heads "obey the F&DS" and "they are the channel for understanding the truth" those mantras are hard to penetrate. For the average JW to doubt or question the GB is a deadly sin that causes their minds to shut out any information that is critical of the GB, they are under a painful fear of displeasing Jehovah.

Any information you wish to give them has to be done very gradually without pushing any alarm buttons that will cause the minds reasoning power to shut down, questions have to be designed to subtlety broach the subject and gradually lead them to more reasonable assessment of the GB. Proceed too fast and the repeated programming kicks in and they will shut you out and run from any further discussion just as they have been trained to do by repeated indoctrination they received from the WT.

The ones that listen are those that have been thinking about it for a while and to some extent have been doubting already, unless they are ready you won't get too far.

The main thing is don't try and clobber them with information proceed gradually and try not to set off any triggers of alarm.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

That being the case then I would suggest read a lot of information that critically examines the GB and F&DS teachings and formulate your own way to broach the subject carefully with this person while not giving into just blurting out information that will cause the brain to shut down. This requires time and cleverness, and finding out more about what might be appealing for the person to consider and gradually lead them out.

If the person is close to you I say proceed very carefully as you might loose all contact with them if not careful.

• bennyk
    bennyk

(Recycled old post [23. Oct. 2006]:)

W 01. April 1986 QfR:

Do we have Scriptural precedent for taking such a strict position? Indeed we do! Paul wrote about some in his day: "Their word will spread like gangrene. Hymenaeus and Philetus are of that number. These very men have deviated from the truth, saying that the resurrection has already occurred; and they are subverting the faith of some." (2 Timothy 2:17, 18; see also Matthew 18:6.) There is nothing to indicate that these men did not believe in God, in the Bible, in Jesus’ sacrifice. Yet, on this one basic point, what they were teaching as to the time of the resurrection, Paul rightly branded them as apostates, with whom faithful Christians would not fellowship.

This is most fascinating. When the F&DS was supposedly appointed in 1919, the Watch Tower Society was still teaching that the Resurrection had begun in 1878 -- a teaching not altered until 1927 -- and which teaching the WTS now rejects as false. Does it not bugger the imagination to believe the Lord appointed over all his belongings an organisation that (by its own published standard) would be 'rightly branded apostate, with whom faithful Christians would not fellowship'?

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I give all you people credit for trying to plant doubts in the minds of your loved ones who are still trapped in the religion. I suppose if I had anybody there who I cared about I would try too. I am a 'fader' and the few single women friends I have there will defend the religion no matter how wrong it is. They spent most of their lives there and are needy so what are they going to do? They know everything isn't right there but they tolerate it. So, I let it alone because it is their business and not mine.

As for me, I know what I know and have moved on mentally. My JW experience is really a closed chapter in my life.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Leo,

You might wanna try wiki for information they seem very good:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Governing_Body_of_Jehovah's_Witnesses

• leo999
    leo999

Thanks to you all . Some good stuff to ponder on . I think the main thing I need to do is to take baby steps with people , one wants to naturally tell them the whole awful truth !

Leo 999

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit