I Want To Order Some Books ...

by snowbird 30 Replies latest jw friends

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Come on, Sylvia, if I managed, you can too! What a source of entertainment!

I'm getting my granddaughter to order them for me.

By the way, do you have any recommendations for me?

The ones I'm ordering are histories of Black education in my county - Wilcox - in Alabama. I never knew of the sacrifices and hardships the educators faced in order to bring enlightenment to us. I'm just now learning of the large part the Lutheran and Presbyterian churches played in establishing mission schools in the isolated, rural, and superstitious backwoods of our state.

If you're interested, just google African-American education in Wilcox County Alabama. A gentle warning: Some of the stuff you come across may cause you to weep.

Love you, OLGA.

I reciprocate. You are a beautiful person - outside and inside.

Sylvia

• poppers
    poppers

If you prefer to pay by cheque or some other method, there are other sites where you can buy books, such as Biblio, ABE, Alibris, or eBay even.

Amazon also lets you buy with a check - that's how I make my purchases there.

• snowbird
    snowbird

How do you do that, Poppers?

Sylvia

• poppers
    poppers

When I set up my account there was an option for it - you provide the necessary routing numbers for your banking institution.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Oh, I see.

I hope things are secured on there!

I'm using one of those pre-paid cards thingy.

Sylvia

• goldensky
    goldensky

Dear Snowbird, thank you very much for your recommendation. I'll definitely look into it. Although yesterday I began to watch "Amazing grace" with my husband and my heart began to shrink... I'll try to watch the last half of the film tonight. Yes, those tragic life stories definitely make me weep...

Good luck with your orders, and don't worry: I've paid with a bank card, giving all the information on it, the digits, expiration date and everything and haven't had any trouble whatsoever. I don't know whether this works in USA too, but I used Paypal, which apparently makes it safer (they may have charged me 1 euro for it). Just in case, the bank account I let them draw the money from has little money in it. You never know. But they seem to be very reliable.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Dear Snowbird, thank you very much for your recommendation. I'll definitely look into it. Although yesterday I began to watch "Amazing grace" with my husband and my heart began to shrink... I'll try to watch the last half of the film tonight. Yes, those tragic life stories definitely make me weep...

Now, how did I know that about you?

Have you read the book or seen the movie, The Autobiography of Miss Jane Pittman?

Sylvia

• goldensky
    goldensky

I had never heard of it, but I've just googled it and it sounds really interesting. Would you recommend the book or the film? I can either buy the book from Amazon or download the film today.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Both!

But of course, I'm biased!

LOL.

Sylvia

• beksbks
    beksbks

If you prefer to pay by cheque or some other method, there are other sites where you can buy books, such as Biblio, ABE, Alibris, or eBay even.

Amazon also lets you buy with a check - that's how I make my purchases there.

Poppers, even though he spelled it wrong, I think that is what Slimboyfat meant by "cheque".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit