The Trinity, the biblical case, clear and simple.

by Chalam 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Terry
    Terry
    I don't think this is true. Jews of the period, as Terry points out, were as diverse or even moreso than the modern-day sects of Christendom.

Pure non-sense. Show me ONE reputable scholar that would go along ANY Jewish diversity that would worship a half man half god figure.......MUCH LESS Jehovah in human form!

You guys are living in a pure historical fantasy.

Perry, I notice your proviso includes a peculiar coda about worshipping a half man half god figure.

Wuh?

1.There was a Messiah expected

2.Ideas about who/what/when/where were all over the map belief-wise and opinion-wise.

3.Diversity among beliefs in Judaism is a "given" there is no doubt about it.

4.Among those diverse opinions you will definitely find an historical example of a Jewish group who allowed for a demi-god-esque Messiah. One of the divisions of proto-christianity. This group won the lottery when Constantine arrived.

Who Jesus was IDENTIFIED with took a long time to develop into a figure who could be worshipped ON PAR with Jehovah.

Where's the rub?

• Perry
    Perry
    3.Diversity among beliefs in Judaism is a "given" there is no doubt about it.
    4.Among those diverse opinions you will definitely find an historical example of a Jewish group who allowed for a demi-god-esque Messiah. One of the divisions of proto-christianity. This group won the lottery when Constantine arrived.

3. And this diversity in no way mirrored the half-man, half-god figures of the pagans. SHOW ME THE MONEY?

4. Well, I should hope at least a few hebrews got it:

Zech. 12: 10 -

And I [YHWH] will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

Again, there is not one shred of evidence to support claims that the Diety of Christ was borowed from the pagans.

MORE HERE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit