well, they finally caught up to the april wt

by booby 22 Replies latest jw friends

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

"We must resist focussing on dates" said Barr.

But we must never give up the 1914 date and must repeatedly invent phoney, contrived interpretations based on that date that go against all common sense.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

This is why the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger bans independent resources being used to prove Bible teachings. And they require witlesses to go by and TEACH a bad doctrine, even if they can prove it wrong right from the Bible, until the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger changes the bad doctrine. They are going to continue believing even such a blatant lie on these premises.

I could go to the Kingdumb Hell and demonstrate what they are doing. I could try to run a string of Christmas lights from the foyer across the front of the platform, calling the plug "1914". The length of a single string of lights represents one generation. And, when I reach the end of one set of lights and still have not reached the end of the platform, I simply pull out another set of Christmas lights and string them together. This represents "the generation of those whose lives intersect with those who saw 1914". If I still do not reach my goal, I simply add yet another set of Christmas lights, representing yet another generation and say it has to be this generation. And I continue this until I reach the far side of the platform, whether with 3, 4, or 5 sets of Christmas lights (or even more, if that's what it takes).

Problem is, if I were to use that demonstration, the hounders would quickly put a stop to the demonstration. Not only would they use the distraction that it is "worshiping the sun" (it is to demonstrate the fallacy of stringing generations together), but they do not want anyone to be able to show where the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger is wrong. Were I to show how blatantly they are cheating, too many witlesses would see the problem--and they couldn't have that. Not to mention, there is no Scripture to even hint that this is in fact what Jesus said--I would like to see them try to prove from the Bible that "a generation" is the group of people whose lives intersect those who saw the beginning.

• sir82
    sir82
    Barr stated, " We must resist focusing on dates. "

Here's what I don't get: They went back to tying the "generation" to a date, 1914!

Generation prior to 1995: People born in 1914 or earlier (tied to a date)

Generation 1995-2008: wicked people alive when Armageddon breaks out (not tied to a date)

Generation 2008-2010: all anointed ones (not tied to a date)

Generation 2010 - ?: Anointed ones whose lives overlap with other anointed ones who were alive in 1914 (tied to a date)

What a bunch of maroons! They managed to more or less successfully turn people's attention away from a date, and now they've turned right around and, at least indirectly, tied the 1914 date back in!

They're like little kids picking at a scab...mom tells them not to do it, but after a while, they just can't resist.

WT leaders are addicted to the one date they can (misleadingly) sort of say they "got right". They've just got to keep tweaking definitions until they can kinda sorta maybe make it fit.

Idiots.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit