"Help"..... I guess.

by KnowlegeSeeker_UK 10 Replies latest jw friends

• KnowlegeSeeker_UK
    KnowlegeSeeker_UK

Hi,

Not sure what to says so I guess "Help" is as good as any. I realised today the WT sized hole in my life. I was never DF'd or DS's. My moral compass led me in a different direction about 3/4 yrs ago. I made serious stands quite recently to family about never returning and why. (Rand cam, UN scandal, NWT being so poor etc..). But today has been a tough day. A genuinly sad day, I am suffering at the expense on someone else's wrong doing. An organisations misguidance and untruths. I have lost so much, so many friends that still excuse and stand firm with the Brooklyn Book Publishing inc. People I had and STILL want in my life. They are ghosts now. Something I accept as do they.

I study Medicine and I am proud of it. But today I switched Medicine off, first time in a while. I was sad to see there was nothing else left. Just me, a reasonably good human being, in a big busy world. I'm not old, but Im not young. Girls my age have led a very different life and I feel so very different to them. My friends at uni will never understand what I have done, overcome and left behind.

I don't know what else to say really. I think my original attempt was nearest to what I am feeling. "Help."

KS_UK

• musky
    musky

Hello,

I am sorry you had a tough day.I am glad you are following your moral compass.Things can be very difficult with family members.Just hang in there.If you stick to what you believe is right,then eventually everything will work out.

• shamus100
    shamus100

As time goes on, you will find those old friends weren't friends at all, and you are better off without them. I, personally, have removed every witness from my life, despite being only a fader... they can turn on you like a pack of wild animals in a second when they go through a righteous phase. PErsonally, I don't tolerate that too well, and have seen it enough.

Why did you quit medicine?

• Out at Last!
    Out at Last!

True friends are friends unconditionally. None of jw's are really your friend, sorry if you just found that out. It takes time to find true friends, but it is worth the investment. I consider many on this board my friends, although I have not personally met alot of them, maybe you can can find that also. You can find alot of help from ones here, feel free to post more soon.

• KnowlegeSeeker_UK
    KnowlegeSeeker_UK

I havent quit Medicine, just mentally ' took a day off'. Thanks guys. It's 4.30 am and my head is still churning it all up.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

This is something most of us have experieced. Eventually you will realize that people under cult mind control are hazardous at best, and toxic, at worst.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Knowledge Seeker,

So sorry that you are feeling so alone. It happens to us all. You know your moral compass is right; man has never needed anyone to yoke him with laws and traditions. "Rightness" is innate; that is what the "holy spirit" is all about.

Religious dictators have contrived many of their "Biblical" laws and traditions in order to justify what is not right in order to make it appear so. Legal maneuvers and loopholes, if you will.

But, back to your wistful feelings....this is what I believe:

29And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life. (Matt. 19)

Also, the day may come when some of the friends and family you have lost may begin to see the light and you will be the one to lead and support them when they come to the crossroads. You have planted a few seeds, but they must begin to search and discover these things for themselves. It's a personal journey.

• shamus100
    shamus100

I'm glad that you haven't 'quit' your medicine.

The good days will far outnumber the bad days, eventually. Trust me on that, and hang in there. You're better off without those asshole dubbies anyways. It's not easy making new friends, but I'm fairly sure when you get older you will have more real friends than if you stayed in a cult and died alone old.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Make friends in the real world, at your university and wherever you find people you are interested in. Forget about "the truth" because it isn't; it's a lie. You have a life ahead of you, no matter how much you feel you have behind you. Keep looking forward. Many of us didn't realize the scam we were under until quite late in life. It doesn't matter if you're 30, 50, or 70; life begins today. There are people who will love and care for you. You'll find them if you want to.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

hang on

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit