I am a bit dissappointed

by fleshyheadedmutant 19 Replies latest jw friends

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I remember you. Welome back!

• jacquicortez
    jacquicortez

I remember you....i have a new name too. i tried looking for some of my old posts

but i can't remember my previous name. I have a million log on names and passwords

for work that i have to change constantly. i can't remember anymore. I believe i was poppy or poppie

but the poppie that is listed isnt me...oh well welcome back.

• changeling
    changeling

I remember you. (((((((((Quandry))))))))))))

:)

• fleshyheadedmutant
    fleshyheadedmutant

My dear dissed:

On your ninth post you stated:

You are some of the finest that have ever come out of the JW's. We can only hope, more will follow your lead.

I am deeply moved and proud of so many of you.

I have just met you, and I like you very much.

May you all find peace and never give up in your search for real happiness.

That was just a few short months ago.....what happened to you deep inside?

• fleshyheadedmutant
    fleshyheadedmutant

Shamus 100:

I'm in my sixties, my dear. My mother is long dead.

I think enough has been said here. I am O.K. with your disbelief................

• shamus100
    shamus100

I'm teasing, Quandry. I believe you.

And contrary to popular belief, when I was saying safe word, I meant a word that you would use to let your child know if someone else was to pick them up at school - i.e. uncle tom.

• fleshyheadedmutant
    fleshyheadedmutant

Well, at any rate, I began posting here, with trembling hands, as Quandry in 1996.

I have always tried to encourage ones who come here. God knows we all need it and didn't get enough at the KHall.

I lived with guilt for never doing enough for over thirty years, even though our family always, always took our talks, cleaned the bathrooms, cleaned at the conventions, did lawn work in the hot Texas sun at Rosenburg assembly hall, etc. We had book studies in our home, service groups there, book study get-togethers, and hospitality for visiting speakers. My husband was always getting up talks, was every position at the Khall, and was often called on at all hours to "handle" things.

After all that, my family was treated like dirt by the loving elders. The rose-colored glasses were slapped off of my face.

I realized that I had spent the last thirty three years trying to make myself like field service, feeling bad because I did not, trying to believe that reading the WT was like a college education, when I wished I had one at a real university, and neglecting my parents because I couldn't miss meetings and service to visit them very often, and when I did, I was so smug in my knowledge of "the truth." They are both dead now so I can't tell them the happy news that I no longer am a witless.

This forum was like therapy. I cried with many of the posters as I read horrible experiences at the hands of the organization, and cheered many on as they picked themselves up and dove into education, or hobbies, or travel, etc.

So many here have been encouraging to me, like Mr. Flipper, one of my favorite posters. I will continue to read posts here sometimes, but I just don't want to be fleshyheaded mutant, so I guess this is kind of a good-bye.

P.S. I am in Houston, Texas, and know Jeanniebeanz. We have talked about getting together with others on the forum. If you are in Houston, or nearby, and would like to meet-up, send me a message.

Thanks all....Quandry

• kitten whiskers
    kitten whiskers

I remember you Quandry!

Glad to hear you are doing well and have come to a good place in life!

I'll have to re-watch the movie...it's been years and I can't remember anything, yet alone fleshyheadedmutant!

• Robdar
    Robdar

I remember you.

Welcome back, Quandry.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Hi, Quandry! Don't say goodbye... Simon or Angharad can help you, I'm sure!

But to tell the truth... I really like the signon "Fleshy-headed Mutant"!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit