a couple of questions.

by xbro 6 Replies latest jw friends

• xbro
    xbro

firstly ,as i have just recently had a epiphany and now see that jehovahs wittness are a cult , their beliefes deeply flawed,are not in the least a chosen people and that the whole organisation is flawed i was wondering how many of you still have the beliefs and if not how long did it take to shed them?

secondly ,do you still have a strong faith in god,and if so have to joined another faith comunity?

thirdly ,do you still pray to jehovah or the 'lord' or God ? i find my self still using gods name ,especially in prayers of thanks during the day,like when something good happens,a prayer is answered,insight gained or a beutifull day. Will this pass?

• shamus100
    shamus100

xbro,

I have no beliefs of the Jehovahs Witness cult now. When it first happened, I knew there was something wrong, and just couldn't figure out what. Was it me? It had to be; yet it wasn't. I got depressed, and went on AD's and hung on for about three more years, clinging to the beliefs.

I could not live up to perfection, and I was extremely depressed again after about three years. Quit going to meetings, ran away, and the strangest thing happened; I was happy. Slowly the beliefs went away, as did the nervousness about being zapped at some idiotic armageddon.

About two years after that, I quit AD's after falling into yet another depression, and found that those AD's were actually causing a lot of my problems. When I was fully rid of depression (self-induced, I might add), I was confident that I had made the right decision.

When I actually started to find out why the religion was wrong, my eyes really became opened up. I went through the typical stages of change, including anger and that was generally directed to any person that believed in any god. But I have permenantley renounced my god of Atheism and have a new god; Agnosticism.

Will your prayers not get answered? I don't know who you pray to, but I hope if he/she is out there, you put in a good word for me. Until then, I believe in the flying spaghetti monster, and worship him profusely.

I wish you well on your journey.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I doubted the beliefs for nearly 10 years after the 1995 change in the definition of "generation." I lingered and barely questioned things for awhile. It grew and grew, but was still just a little voice not able to speak up louder than the organization boldly telling me what to do. In 2004 into 2005, I was able to see some major problems with the organization and it all crumbled like the base of a house of cards was removed.

I have since learned so many facts about WTS that I would doubt the truth of anything they say and assume the opposite until I learned better. If they say they were the first to help in Haiti after the earthquakes, I would imagine there were many organizations there before them. If they say that something in the Bible means X, I would assume it means NOT X until I read what others said.

I have come to be sure that Man invented the God of the Bible. Even if that weren't the case, I would not be comfortable joining any organized religion.

I don't know if your feelings, use of a name for God will pass. Everyone has to take their own spiritual journey. Mine's been extremely enlightening. Despite my dismissal of God of the Christians and pretty much any belief in God, I am a very "spiritual" person now and extremely well in touch with why people believe what they believe. I don't like bullies on JWN who insist that we accept their Fundamentalist beliefs and I push a bit at that, but this is a forum where that is expected. I never seriously attack the beliefs of others that are respectful of others' beliefs.

• rebel8
    rebel8

how many of you still have the beliefs

I think many retain some beliefs. I don't.
    and if not how long did it take to shed them?

A few years, mostly. It would have been faster and much less painful if I studied science. In the meantime, I went through these phases.
    secondly ,do you still have a strong faith in god

No--I wanted to believe in God & tried hard to but that was destroyed when I was a dub and realized the God of the Bible is a sociopath misogynist mass murderer. I tried hard again after leaving but I couldn't deny the facts about history & science so blatantly disproving the Bible, and the Bible's internal inconsistency.

,and if so have to joined another faith comunity?

Dabbled briefly, but only for the social aspect.

thirdly ,do you still pray to jehovah or the 'lord' or God ?

Nope-that vanished immediately upon my escape.
    i find my self still using gods name ,especially in prayers of thanks during the day,like when something good happens,a prayer is answered,insight gained or a beutifull day. Will this pass?

That's totally up to you.

• xbro
    xbro

some intresting comments,thanks.

• flipper
    flipper

XBRO- Some great questions. Many of us are searching once we get away from the witnesses and the cult mind control. Many of us find we are happier with ourselves AFTER exiting the witnesses. In answer to your questions :

1. How many of you still have the beliefs and how long did it take to shed them ?

No, I don't agree with the witness beliefs anymore. I think the WT society is duping people to control them and their money. It took me not very long to move on from the beliefs after seeing I was being used and deceived. Less than a year for sure.

2. Do you still have a strong faith in God and joined a faith community ? No, I don't know if God exists or not ! But it doesn't bother me, as I have learned to have a strong faith in myself and use my intuition and critical thinking ability to have trust in people who deserve my trust. Those who DO NOT deserve my trust - don't receive it.

3. Do you still pray to Jehovah or the lord God ? No, I just keep positive vibes and thoughts within myself and have learned to trust humanity in other people. Lots of good people on this planet, but lots of people with wrong motives trying to hurt people as well. I've learned how to tell the difference and decipher the good from the bad. The honest from the dishonest , people who love me from people who want to hurt me. It's called following our human instincts and intuition. You will do O.K. Xbro, hang in there, give yourself time to explore your newfound freedom and educate yourself in many areas of life. Good luck, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• spawn
    spawn

Hello Tiger,

firstly the Borg are like all money making companies.

Secondly I don't believe or trust any religion.

And I don't believe in and God or supreme Being and you know what a week Little Sister and I have had so this comfirms it for me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit