Unitarian Universalist Church, does anyone here have any experiences?

by cyberjesus 13 Replies latest jw friends

• moshe
    moshe

It's the church that won't shum you for leaving or becoming a non-member.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Ok so I have gone to two. If you need some positive energy on a Sunday morning thats the place to be. I got to sing some cool songs. The energy was positive no preaching no doctrine no God this God that. Just good energy. I might actually come back.

If you feel the need to associate with other people and dont want a Religious environment this is the place to be.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

I have a friend who is an ex-JW and he goes to a Universalist church now because he says he doesn't want to go anywhere dogmatic. I would love to go to one myself but the nearest place is an hour away.

• Nice_Dream
    Nice_Dream

I went last Sunday to a session about simplicity. They opened with a cool poem about the stars and lit a candle. It was pretty interesting, although I found it was more like a discussion group where you share your thoughts and feelings. I was the youngest there by 30 years. Most people were in their late 60s-80s!

The people were really friendly, and in tune with their feelings. I learned alot, but I don't think I will go back. I'm not used to sitting for 2 hours anymore!

We sang one song, and everyone held hands which was kinda nice.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit