Jehovah God running short on Cash???

by JT 18 Replies latest jw friends

• JT
    JT

The WT in the past stated that "If the time came when we are running short on cash god wants us to pack up shop"

well it looks like when WT is running short on case and who does wt turn to--Is it Jehovah- o no they turn to the World

so much for time to pack up shop

http://www.tri-cityherald.com/news/2002/0104/story2.html

• Flip
    Flip

JT, I doubt the WT is short of 'dough' though. Ya just got to admit the Corporation has some pretty smart 'cookies' working in the financial department.

Flip

• anewperson
    anewperson

They are short in that they can't fund all the projects they would like to and with the same number of people working for them.

They aren't short in the sense of immediately going insolvent. They can easily stave that off for example by trimming staff, cutting projects in the US though maybe funding them (branch complex buildings, kingdom halls) in nations where a US dollar stretches farther as in Africa.

So yes and no. It's like a family being told it must make do with $15,000 instead of $25,000. They can do it, but it's annoying, and they certainly wouldn't want to drop any lower.

Why less money? People are giving them less. Why? Don't like them as much. Why? Boring, false, and if you're a diehard pro-Watchtower conservative elder you may also be aggravated knowing they won't be backing you up as much in lawsuits involving pedophilia and the like.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

I am reading ray franz's bk "Crisis of Conscience". He discloses that the society if very well off finicially. They have finicial wizards apparently.
    I recommend realding his bk it is a real eye opener, I can't put it down.
    Happy New Year guys.

• JT
    JT

O I agree the WT is not anywhere near running out of cash-

when you consider that there are less than 25 men who are really movers and shakers in the org they will be fine till the die

case in point- in my area we have a pastor with 24,000 members in his church he and his wife have Rolls Royces and flies in a Lear Jet parked just 7 miles from my house-

and he enjoys this lifestyle on 24, 000 folks backs

the boys in wt have 6millon even if they lost 95% of ALL JW they would still have 300,000 DYED IN THE WOOL
    SELL ALL THE REALESTATE HOLDING, branched-ASSEMBLY HALLs kindom halls
    lay off all bethelites except for those who work in the laundry,kitchen cleaning- outsource the printing for who is left to read and sell thier mags and the 2 dozen or so guys at bethel can spend the rest of their life on easy street.

so WT has built up an empire that is too large for the top dogs to EVER HAVE TO GO TO WALMART to work to live off- unless the gov or something shut them down, but just lose of members will never result in the Movers and shakers having to toll at real jobs-

i thought the aticle was interesing for a couple of reasons

one they have no problem taking handouts from the Beast and how they would move the convention site to another city requring some 30,000 folks to have to make arrangements to go to another city for just $6,000- they could care less about any hardship that might make on sister old or sister single parent with 4 kids who thought that they could just catch the bus to the convention center-

while the boys from bethel would just fly in give a couple of boring talks- ck out the sites of the city with the Local Top Dogs
    and fly back to bethel and if they are major players at bethel
    fly on to the NEXT city to give more boring talks

but it is just amazing to see how the wt is really no different in how it operates- despite condemning the way other churches operate

just my 2

james

• uncle jimbo
    uncle jimbo

from the article JT so kindly provided:

This year, the difference between the rent due and what the Jehovah's Witnesses can pay is $17,500...

...Tom Walker, whose term on the Kennewick council expired Dec. 31, said he, too, understood that the money was "specifically for promotion or advertising" of the Watchtower event, but he didn't know exactly how the association was going to spend it.

The sad part is the $9,500,000 the poor dubs have to spend so the WT saves $17,500. Rooms and restaurants for 3 days add up, especially if you have a family.

That always galled me. It's just a crass way to increase WT profits by putting the screws to a local governement. Happened where I am locally. DC site has bounced around between 2 cities (about 70 miles apart) for the last 10 years. Instead of having DC's in both cities, WT lumps us all together for negotiating leverage. If the message is SO lifesaving, why do they try to maximize their $$$$ margin so much?

The return on that $9.5 mill investment for the dubbies: a little closer to purchasing Week 53 of their timeshare.

• JT
    JT

Uncle Jim

for years when growing up as a kid i wondered why we changed cities

we were told a Provision from JAH
    it was only after i became part the convention Org did i fully undestand and it was only after i started to rexamine things did i fully understand

at the time we all just felt JAH OUT SMARTED SATAN AGENTS AGAIN

how sad

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

JT:
    I'm sure the convention audience are going to be told that a large portion of the rent has been paid by the cities!

For a long time I suspected less than pure motives with the switching of cities for the conventions. One year we were suddenly assigned to an out of state city for the convention. I learned that a nearby congregation had received a letter from the Society informing them that their congregation had been assigned to a particular hotel (and, I think, a particular floor but on that point I'm not certain) and they were told that instead of sending their money for the rooms to that hotel, they were to send it, sans the sales tax (big break there!) directly to the Society AS A DONATION. That means that the hotel gave the society those (and who knows how many more rooms) rooms and the rent went DIRECTLY to Brooklyn.

Never mind all the extra traveling (and expense of doing so) that all had to incur so the Society could make a few more bucks off the convention. That really made me sick.

• uncle jimbo
    uncle jimbo

Frenchy-

sending their money for the rooms to that hotel, they were to send it, sans the sales tax (big break there!) directly to the Society AS A DONATION
    just curious, how many years ago was this? that makes the WT parking ticket scam look like small potatoes. They moan and groan about how many dubs only going 2 days instead of 3 to the DC, or skip altogether. But, for someone that has to travel that cuts the convention cost by 50% (1 night instead of 2), or by 100% for the latter.
  • Frenchy
    Frenchy

That was three years ago.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit