did you feel guilty ,when ignoring disfellowshipped ones ?

by looloo 34 Replies latest jw friends

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

I didn't ignore them.

I was counselled for that indiscretion.

Ironically, I left because I knew shunning was wrong. In doing so, I brought the possibility of shunning upon myself.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

I tried to do it, but it always felt wrong.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

No, because I never shunned or ignored them.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

No..

All Jehovah`s Witness Kids know..

DisfellowShipped JW`s eat children..

.................... ...OUTLAW

• agonus
    agonus

I ignored them but it never felt right to do so. Now I know why... because it ISN'T right.

How many JWs do you think really, REALLY believe, deep down, that shunning is a "loving" provision?

• chickpea
    chickpea

the two from the KH i attended
    that were DF'd during my captivity
    were wankers to start with so it
    was just another complexion of
    not caring for them at all....

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

As an elder I followed the Society's general guidance but at the same time as an elder you had some leeway to check to see if they wanted to return.

After I stepped down, I made it a point to always speak to disfellowshipped ones, even to the point of taking them out for a few beers. It amazing what you find out.

Disfellowshipping and the subsequent shunning is a way of getting rid of people and then making sure they never get to tell their side of the story.

• designs
    designs

I spoke with df'd ones, patted them on the back, anything to make them feel like they weren't a pariah, but of course being an Elder at the time I had a legit excuse I could use.

What a system that all was

• shamus100
    shamus100

No, I didn't because I was a dickhead at the time.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

There was only one df'd person who attended the same kh as I did. She wouldn't allow me to speak to her, but I would stand near her seat in the back before the meetings and watch over her. Sometimes we would just smile at each other. She was df'd for failing to come forward for being raped by a brother. He "confessed" right after her engagement to another brother. Pretty ironic, huh? Oh, and she was 18 years old at the time. The rapist was privately reproved.

The elders' logic was that her failing to come forward put the other sisters in danger. Being that they cover up for pedophiles, that line of reasoning is sickening.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit