New to all of this

by Ghiagirl 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• millie210
    millie210

Great post Ghiagirl. You have been so strong while you are still young. I cant tell you how much I admire that. I stayed in way too long for family reasons and now I am ending up leaving anyway. So good for you for doing it now.

Sounds like you had an overly aggressive (they would call it zealous) body of elders in the Hall you attended. That is one of the things the Society needs to get a grip on - the free wheeling elders just doing what they want. Your case wasnt handled appropriately but it still got a good result - you are out!

As for missing your family...this baby might change things for them. Time will tell.

Welcome to the forum - some of the smartest, kindest people I have met are here, you will find friends and listening ears.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Welcome, Ghiagirl, great OP.

The only way of knowing is via the scientific method. Different faiths are exactly that, faith, not knowledge.

I hope that you and your husband are happy together, and that both families soften in their attitude.

• gone for good
    gone for good

Hello Ghiagirl-

Don't worry about raising your baby - there really are no terrors like the Watchtower wanted you to fear.

Puppies etc are happy to stick close to mom until she has taught them all the things a doggie needs to know for survival.

You and hubby will be in perfect bliss showing your little one how to be loving, loyale, smart, busy and friendly - your little family has a wonderful and unique life of love and learning awaiting.....enjoy with the blessings of all.

• Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger
    Welcome to the forum,
  • zeb
    zeb

Good morning GG,

couple of things. You say you have or are about to finish college. So I take it you are qualified in.. whatever. Well

every time i hear of this shunning I see that shunning is a double edged sword. The day will come and you may have to deliver a 'tough love' blow yourself when the family come begging for accommodation or MONEY then its your position to choose to use that double edge and remind them of the years you spent getting where you are and suggest they who opposed you so and disowned you then take their problem to the wts and of course bid them a good day.

The other thing is stay off the dope please.

peace.

and love the baby to bits!!

• Mad Irishman
    Mad Irishman

You should never go to the same Kingdom Hall as your own family. That is a recipe for disaster.

Sorry to hear about all your troubles. Too bad your family can't be a little more understanding.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit