Elders who step down for little or no reason?

by Truthexplorer 34 Replies latest jw friends

• no lies please
    no lies please

I decided to stop serving as an elder almost 2 years ago. I had a reason. I had discovered that the organization is not being led by God. But I refused to share this reason. I just said it was personal. So, it may have seemed to be for no apparent reason to them.

NLP

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

After I stepped aside I had one of those R&F nutbars (a loopy loonies with the fake bipolar) come up to me and tell me how much she was shocked and surprised and asked what lead up to my decision as she and her husband were so sad....my answer..."you and your family - you robbed me of my joy"

LOLOLOL - that's fantastic!

NLP - welcome. And, exactly!

• Open mind
    Open mind

I stepped aside for automotive reasons.

I was led by the spirit of Chuck Berry.

No Particular Place To Go

Riding along in my automobile
    My baby beside me at the wheel
    I stole a kiss at the turn of a mile
    my curiosity running wild
    crusin' and playin' the radio
    with no particular place to go

I'd much rather spend my Saturday afternoons with "No Particular Place to Go" with my wife, than sit through 3-hour Elder Meetings.

om

(of the Been There, VERY Done With That Class)

• Truthexplorer
    Truthexplorer

Simon Morley,

you have a good point there, in that the R&F can be more biased toward certain elders. In my Cong, there is a central core of individulas who I tend to refer to as the 'holier than thou class'- ie the over x amount of hours and you are in club. They clamber and fuss around one particular elder who I have to say is a living miracle. I have probably spoken to the guy about 3 times in the past 8 years (and that is just to say hello whilst he briskly walks past me - a prime example of an outwardly loving Christian elder ). I cant help but admire his skills at body swerving people such as me, and yet draw so much admiration.

The 2 elders who stepped down in other halls were what I assumed as being steadfast, unshakable. So it was a shock that these two stepped down (within the last 2 years). One of them is married with no kids. The other is married with a late teenage son. So I was kind of mistified as to the reasons why. The Mrs usually finds out the goss quickly, but not this time .

TE

• jdhf
    jdhf

TE...a really nice elder in my 'old' cong stepped down last year...incidentally, a sister of many years asked him a question about the paradise which he couldn't answer not long before this happened.. He stepped down shortly afterward. his family are alot quieter too. He gave no reason, and did nothing wrong, it was his choice. there is always a reason, but none may be evident. Only the other elders and friends are told a reason why, only he knows himself the real truth why.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit