Who's behind the WT / JW.org?

by elkatire1980 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• elkatire1980
    elkatire1980

I have always thought that the members of the governing body are just a decorative elements in the visible cusp of the organization. I have read conspiratorial topics about who really rule, but they are not visible. The shareholders of the corporation? The Jews? Mormons? I really do not know. What do you think who is behind this organization?

EL Kato

• cofty
    cofty

I don't accept any of those conspiracy theories.

I think the "organisation" has taken on an identity of it's own in the minds of the GB so that even they feel they have to be loyal to a concept.

I think that they are increasingly constrained by their own lawyers and accountants.

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

I don't personally believe there is someone behind the curtain pulling the strings.

If you are interested and believe the theories, look into The Watchtower and the Freemasons by Fritz Springmeier.

It's an interesting read but a bit far fetched.

• pontoon
    pontoon
    Cofty is correct. The Watchtower Corporation is run by its lawyers and accountants. The GB is a figurehead, they fool the flock into not thinking Watchtower is the only true religion when in reality it is a money making non (for) profit organization.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

It has always been about men cultivating notoriety and public awareness toward themselves by creating alluring doctrines from the bible and placing them into their own self produced literature .

Its really an exercise in freedom of religion instituted in the American Constitution, for all American citizens.

Selling themselves off as god's chosen ones was just apart of their self cultivating endevor.

Its power producing to be sure, power that was exploited by a god originally created by a ancient civilization 3000

years ago.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I think the GB are actually the head honchos.

I also think that those charged with taking care of the business side of things, the lawyers and the bean counters would have to be finding imaginative ways of getting things done in order to keep the ship afloat, while keeping the GB happy.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

There is no doubt in my mind that things are simply as Cofty states above.

I also believe that the G.B are aware that they do not have the expertise to run the thing without the expert guidance of Lawyers and Accountants etc.

To that extent they are Puppets, Figureheads, with no real power or input as to direction.

They know that they are not guided from Heaven.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    Yeah just read crisis of conscience to see it really is just the governing body. But now like cofty said, lawyers and business consultants and accountants are giving recommendations for how to stay financially afloat and work on their public image.
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

The simplest explanation is usually the best. Still, I have to wonder about the whole Xianity "thing." If I learned that the ORG was simply one head of the Xian Hydra, controlled by the super-elite, it wouldn't surprise me one bit. It is as excellent method of retarding the development of billions of humans, which may help to manage the population. We can't all be in charge after all.

DD

• sloppyjoe2
    sloppyjoe2

I agree here with the point of crisis of conscience. We all read the book, ray franz was in the middle of it all and made it very clear the governing body ran things. Remember that was back when the governing body had all the leadership positions in the corporations of the watchtower as well. They changed that so they protected themselves legally.

no Freemasons, no behind the curtains share holders.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit