Another marriage bites the dust thanks to the WT

by boyzone 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Although examples of ueber-JWs and their more or less "successful" breaking up others' marriages can be - and are - quoted, I would dare to say the large, large majority of marital problems relating to one JW / one non-JW result from actions by the non-JW side. The two or three break-ups I know of have to do with the non-JW husband not tolerating the wife going to meetings and physically hurting her, in one instance also hurting the children. In my own case, I was thrown out by my parents - and that definitely was NOT to be blamed on 20 years old me. So a tiny bit of balance in the scales would not hurt one bit amidst all the (understandable) bitterness.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Well my ex pioneer wife tried the spiritual endangerment/mental abuse excuse while she was doing the horizontle bop with anyone who would have her. That spritual endangerment excuse is a trump card that will defy all logic. I can't believe that even today people still buy that manure. BTW the area of LA where I became baptized. The local congregation had a lot of sisters with non believing husbands. NOt one of those husbands were disloyal but 2 of the sisters had extramarital affairs. So much for the non JW theory

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

My parents split up when i was 10 (37 years ago). Mum said it was because dad was a 'womanizer'. I did not see dad for the next 22 years, developed a hate of him. Got back intouch with him when i was 32 and having my own marriage troubles. As i have been an apologist for the Jw till two months ago i share this recent phone call to him:

I told him partway through a chat that i was discovering all sorts of terrible stuff about witnesses...that i was finally taking a real look at them. He became quite upset, My dad cries when he and i talk about some things from way back then, and he started to this time. I asked if he wanted me to not talk about he and mums breakup... he said NO. Even though it hurts him, i am to talk about it.

When i go to visit him interstate in the next couple of months i think there is going to be some very sad truths come out...

For 37 years i have wanted to beleive that the JW had nothing to do with it, but i am not so sure anymore.

I feel for the father, but esp for the children caught in the middle.

oz

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They can and do leave in these circumstances. This is precisely what "being called to peace" is used for. Just wait until the witless tries to remarry--chances are good that they will still be legally married but separated from their spouses. Now, the witless is going to have to prove that the spouse has committed "fornication" or remarried without "scriptural" grounds or remain celibate from that point on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit