Another marriage bites the dust thanks to the WT

by boyzone 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Married to the Mob
    Married to the Mob

for the those on the north american side of the pond he doesn't have and leaning for for his fellow man. fags = cigarettes.

One of the mother in law's friends, could literally be put in to this story as susan. Of course I heard it from the JW viewpoint which was that he being an RC was a spritual endangerment to her!

I am not sure, but I think the uber-sister might have been my MIL

• out4good3
    out4good3

I'v noticed that the uber-pioneers\elders\busybodies alway preface what they are going to tell you you ought to do by saying "I can't tell you what to do....but........"

If my wife ever got so bold as to play that "spiritual endangerment" card with me, the immediate danger she would be in would be from the skid marks on her ass from sliding on the concrete out the door to the curb.

• boyzone
    boyzone

Hi All and thank you for your responses.

Sue left her husband because he opposed her baptism. He knew that her being baptized would mean a change to their family christmas arrangements and he didn't want that. He didn't want her to leave but she felt she had to to fulfill her baptism ambitions, hence the "spiritual danger" label. Sorry if I didn't make that clear. Keith was ok whilst the study remained just a study, but as soon as things became serious, he put his foot down.

According to Brenda who knows them both well, Keith has never been physically abusive, he abhors men like that who he calls cowards. He just wants to be a normal family. The uber-sister has been a major part of Sue's life for ages. She was there when the kids were ill or the family needed anything. Sue regards her as a really good friend but failed to see the agenda behind such attentiveness. Some of you seem to know the uber-witness personality well and you've nailed this sister exactly.

I remember how sad the uber-sister was one day when she said to me that she'd been pioneering for 15 years and hadn't brought one bible study to baptism. It seemed to be an ambition of hers, which I suppose is natural for a pioneer.

This sisters own marriage broke up 5 years ago when her husband had a complete nervous breakdown and she would tell me in all sincerety that she'd urged him to go to the elders for help. Of course the poor guy needed much more help than what the elders could offer but naturally the first port of call for this sister was the elders.

All-in-all I find the whole situation extremely sad. I know all of them quite well and am only out of the loop directly because of my status. Its just a strong impression I get that the urgency to get baptised must've been really pushed hard with Sue to make her do this.

But the end result is the breakup of a marriage, and whatever the reasons or excuses, its ultimately because of the teachings of the Society and their inflexibility.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

My personal experience is..

Jehovah`s Witness`s are Extremely Helpfull..

In helping Destroy a Marriage..

Many on this board have had the same experience..

Candy Coating what the WBT$ says..

Is of no help to anyone..

You simply Veil another WBT$ Evil..

........................ ...OUTLAW

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

She was prolly already sick of him for other reasons too, and this is just a perfect excuse and opportunity.

people dont get sucked into the cult unless they are wanting a change in life, or they are too nice and unnassertive to link a verb and a preposition when the witlesses start foisting off their crap.

I would bet too that script theory could show how she ensured hurting her husbands feelings soo badly that he would never want her back - so the bait and switch is that she claims she wants reconciliation, and her worldy husband is too selfish to do so.

Does anybody remember the "Drama" from the end of the 80s, where an abusive wife beating child abusing husband had been having a secret Bible Study - The witless wife was put in the wrong, he didnt want her to know because he was afraid of her reaction if she found out.

HB

• steve2
    steve2

When a spouse gets drawn into something such as a religion it is possibly a sign that the couple are not as fully together as they may have first appeared. They don't appear to have been soulmates.

Good relationships can weather these sorts of disturbances - and even leave room for differences. I've known rock solid marriages that have withstood one spouse becoming a JW because the couple were basically "in love".

Sure, JWs impact can lead to unbearable conflict within a marriage - just like a host of other external factors can do (ask Tiger Woods about other threats to a seemingly ideal marriage!).

To posit a marriage as sound and secure and along come the JWs to break it up is very simplistic to say the least.

• moshe
    moshe

W88-11/1p.22par.12 When Marital Peace Is Threatened That is the WT my JW wife used to justify getting a divorce from me 9 months later in 1989. Actually, I believe it is a rehash from a WT in the early 60's. She didn't end up hurting me in the end, but it was a bad deal for the kids.

• flipper
    flipper

This " spiritual endangerment " card the WT society tries getting these sisters to play with unbelieving husbands is a bunch of crap. It's a pretty broad term which can be used to a frivolous degree. When I was in the witnesses I saw a lady studying with the witnesses who was married to a wealthy dentist. A really nice guy . Met him. But some uber self righteous sisters in the congregation got her whipped up into an emotional frenzy when he tried to keep celebrating Christmas with their twin daughters who were both 11 years of age. He got upset that his wife wouldn't let his daughters celebrate with him- so she moved out and all the alleged " righteous " witnesses created a " safe haven " for her- essentially kidnapping her from her husband providing a place to stay for her and her daughters. In time she divorced her husband- and became a self righteous JW herself. Who says the WT society doesn't break up families ? Just disgusting. Whatever happened to the old " win them without a word " tactic ? Guess that got thrown out with all the false generation teachings . Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter
    They keep printing success stories in their magazines to prove that they're not

The organization doth protest too much! When they print stories like that, there is a reason for it. If members weren't these issues, the WT wouldn't feel compelled to deny there's a problem.

== edited to add: ==

Of course I heard it from the JW viewpoint which was that he being an RC was a spritual endangerment to her!

Of course, it never occurs to them that her being JW might be spiritually endangering to him!

GLT

• garyneal
    garyneal

moshe

How are your kids doing now? Are they also Jehovah's Witnesses or did they manage to avoid that trap?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit