ONE! NO EQUAL!

by wannabe 62 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Thanks for the expanded response. At this point I'm kind of in-between relationships with any divine being so I have no specific beliefs to insult. Your respectful explanation is appreciated.

Just to clarify that I understand the common Trinity view now (not the one JWs claim). "God" isn't a single entity/being, but rather a single position shared perfectly harmoniously by three individuals, correct? So my "triplets become president" analogy sort of fits? Kind of?

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Gayle, you have a nice perspective on it.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Sort of Mad Sweeney. I have never heard it asked that way before, but yes...that kind of says it. Let me add that human analogies do tend to break down when applied to God.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Mad Sweeney:

It may seem like a huge bother, but those audio recording will actually make it very simple and memorable for you. They really helped me to deconstruct the WT strawman explanation. The speaker has designed this sermon with a JW audience specifically in mind. So, rather than trying to describe the doctrine to a non-believer, his explanation is catered to the person who currently has the WT view in mind.

-LWT

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

I spent years trying to defend the JW view on the trinity--often inwardly being confused by some of the scriptures that seemed to support it. Since I left the borg, I don't even want to discuss it...it just doesn't matter any more.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Just to clarify that I understand the common Trinity view now (not the one JWs claim). "God" isn't a single entity/being, but rather a single position shared perfectly harmoniously by three individuals, correct? So my "triplets become president" analogy sort of fits? Kind of?

It's more than just a position. It is a single state of being, a single essence, a single Being. Think about this, the Bible says God is Love. What is love without someone to love? When there was no world with human beings to love, was God alone with no one to love? God exists from eternity in an eternal state of love within Himself. The love exists between the various Persons that are God. "In the beginning God created the Heavens and the Earth....". However, the Bible also says: "Let US make man in OUR own image...". So, according to the Bible, we are made in the image of a creative plural.

Think about that, we are made in God's image. And think of this analogy, if you look at it from within the Christian viewpoint, you, a human being made in the image of God; you are a body, mind, and soul/spirit. Your body is human, your mind is human, and your soul/spirit is human. But there are not three humans, but one human. Without any one of these three things, you wouldn't be a human being. In the Trinity, the Divine Being is the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

On our level of existence, one being is always one person. On God's level, a single Being is several Persons. I am sure that only just scratches the surface, but I hope you get what I am trying to say.

BTS

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Shoot, I thought I had it until Feanor's post above. Now I'm confused again. Guess I'll have to make time for leavingwt's links, perhaps during lunch break. Thanks for the recommendation, and I apologize if I'm coming across as stubborn. It honestly makes no sense to me and I do want to "get it". I can't say I'll believe it, but I still want to understand it.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    Shoot, I thought I had it until Feanor's post above. Now I'm confused again. Guess I'll have to make time for leavingwt's links, perhaps during lunch break. Thanks for the recommendation, and I apologize if I'm coming across as stubborn. It honestly makes no sense to me and I do want to "get it". I can't say I'll believe it, but I still want to understand it.

I really do want to get some feedback from you, after you listen to it.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Will do.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Feanor? Is that an oblique reference to my forum name?

Cool name by the way. I've always loved and identified a little bit with that "spirit of fire" character that wrought the Silmarils.

BTS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit