Wanted to share a recent interaction with my folks. I sorta laid it on the table. Yet not entirely.

by miseryloveselders 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• flipper
    flipper

MISERY- I'm sorry you are going through this with your JW folks. Remember, they are just cult mind controlled. They do what they do based on guilt and fear - the two legs that the WT society walks on that they instill on their members. That's why your dad used guilt on you " you'll make your family sad " to guilt you into not stopping attending meetings. JW members learn the guilt and fear tactics from the top of the organization and pass it on to relatives and others . Many cults do this, witnesses included. Some of my JW family does this to me, an older sister and my two adult daughters, but not my parents.

Just try to show human love to them and I would not bring up JW topics to trigger their insecurities towards you. If you control the conversations about non-witness topics then perhaps your mom and dad won't wig out so much. But ANY JW will wig out if we talk witness topics with them . If you haven't read " Combatting Cult Mind Control" or " Releasing the Bonds- Empowering People to Think for Themselves " by Steve Hassan, I highly suggest it . It gives very good advice on HOW to talk to cult family members. Good luck, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Misery;

I think I am just ahead of you in this process. Now that you have "SEEN" and "KNOWN".......you cannot "UN-SEE" and "UN-KNOW"......

It's very difficult. But it is a process. And the only way out....... is THROUGH.

You can do it, you sound strong and intelligent.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hello MLE,

I have a surreal feeling though, that I'm getting ready to embark on a very cold, lonely road. I'm asking you, is this pretty much how it started for you?

Deuteronomy 31:5-8 (New International Version)

5 The LORD will deliver them to you, and you must do to them all that I have commanded you. 6 Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."

7 Then Moses summoned Joshua and said to him in the presence of all Israel, "Be strong and courageous, for you must go with this people into the land that the LORD swore to their forefathers to give them, and you must divide it among them as their inheritance. 8 The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."

John 12:46 (New International Version)

46 I have come into the world as a light, so that no one who believes in me should stay in darkness.

Romans 9:33 (New International Version)

33 As it is written:
    "See, I lay in Zion a stone that causes men to stumble
    and a rock that makes them fall,
    and the one who trusts in him will never be put to shame."

1 Peter 2:9 (New International Version)

9 But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.

Blessings,

Stephen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit