Injuries at Assemblies, who covers the cost

by CaptainSchmideo 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Edington
    Edington

When I attended a pre-assembly meeting for volunteers at one of the kingdon halls local to the assembly site, we were told all the ins & outs of how to handle the brothers & sisters & emergency crowd control, dealing with vehicles if assigned to the car parks etc.

When I asked about what insurance the society had for the volunteers, the look on the assembly organizers faces said it all............there was NONE!!

No body on the platform had any idea what to say & tried to make me seem silly for asking such a question.

Yet again I seemed a trouble maker.

Ed

• moshe
    moshe
    -Yet again I seemed a trouble maker

Edington, it was written in the stars at that point- you were on the way out! Moshe had the same problems!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

If you get hurt, they are going to throw you on your own. If you avail yourself to any assistance, they are going to make you look like sxxx. Anything to get out of paying.

Yet, they expect you to pay into the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund.

• Alfred
    Alfred

You need to inform the elders in your congo that you are unable to pay for your medical bills. The elders will prayerfully consider your situation and then decide whether you are worthy of the congo's financial help. If they find that you are worthy of this assistance, they will make a brief mention of your situation during the Service Meeting and the head of each family is left with a decision to make as the Society will always back away from these situations...

The money you receive from the congo will usually be proportional to your field service hours...

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

He should sue. There may be some assumption of risk on his part. Christian love in action.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I know of a case where a brother was seriously injured at Kingdom Hall remodel requring $1000s in surgeries. His health benefits from his workplace would not pay for accidents if other insurance was in force or if a 3rd party was responsible and in this case, they felt the KH should be responsible as he was "working" there. RBC projects are "self-insured" by the Society. The RBC representative (don't know if this was a local bro or someone for the Branch at Bethel) actually got the employer's insurer to pay the claim on the bases that there was not any other insurance in force since the KH was self-insured and since the injured person was volunteering for non-profit charity work, thus no Workers Comp either. Last I had heard, the injured bro had to pay his deductible and co-pays (several $100s) out of pocket as no reimbursement ever came from the RBC/KH. He was privledged to consider it his further contribution to the WWW. IF he had been financially unable to pay, it seems they would have covered it from Cong funds.

DOC

• metatron
    metatron

Actually, you bring up an excellent point - putting it together.

You have a whole organization loaded with broke-a$$ Witnesses - many of whom have no health insurance, including elders. Meanwhile, the Watchtower tries to cover the liability on these Assembly Halls themselves. And also, they are selling off valuable Brooklyn real estate and many Witnesses know about it!

My God! This looks Wonderful! Break down the cultish fear of the Watchtower and they could get sued big time.

metatron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit