The Watchtower hates the word, "You"

by moshe 32 Replies latest jw friends

• watson
    watson

"collective hive..." LOL.

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

Moshe, your op where you translated the JW text reminded me of a post I made a long time ago....I tried to 'translate' a JW text by replacing all the code words with what they really mean. Boy there are a lot of code words! And I did change the 'we' to 'you' but I didn't even realize that I had done it...

It's the third post on this thread:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/6713/1/you-can-live-forever-as-an-educatio

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

"We need to examine our response to the direction we receive from the slave class. Over the years, for example, we have received pointed direction on dress and grooming, entertainment, and improper use of the internet. Do we carefully heed this good counsel so that we are spiritually protected?..."

It the slave class/governing body is providing spiritual food, then this statement is absolute nonsense. It is written from the perspective of someone (we) who is getting the spiritual food from the slave class. But if it is someone not of the slave class who is providing this food, then how can it be said the slave class is providing the food? It is self contradictory, nonsensical and illogical.

And spiritually, it makes me want to retch.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit