has anyone heard of curse on JW regarding fertility?

by God Chick 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nugget
    nugget

People in the organisation are cursed by their own GB. Following talks such as "Responsible childbearing in this time of the end" many delayed starting a family until later in life. As a result for some fertility levels were lower and it took longer to conceive. For others they were unaware that they had problems and so were too old to start IVF treatment.

Some older ones were so convinced that the end was near they decided not to have children and put all energy into the organisation. They are now pensioners with no one to leave their assets too, hoping for a new world in which they can start a family. The tragedy is that many are now dying and as resurrected ones they are not destined for family life.

People who are not Witnesses suffer infertility, miscarriges and birth defects so it is no surprise that the organisation suffers from these too. It is the pressure to remain childless which is the curse.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    Is this an urban myth?

Yes.

I have also known 2 or 3 really big families among the dubs, although one might have been the result of a second marriage with kids either side. BTW they were never an "embarrassment", just a handful

In my old congo one woman had triplets, natural no drugs or anything...Golly, they must be teenagers now. Tine flies.

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

First of all, I don't believe in curses.

But I think WT Wizard is on the right track. I think that JWs live with an extremely large amount of stress and anxiety in their lives. I have been out for 38 years and there is still stress in my life as regards my JW upbringing at least in regards to family relations. That amount of stress and anxiety is not conducive to conceiving a child and carrying it to term. Look at all the JWs that have vague medical problems and depression. It's all related to the stress and anxiety they live with. It's so sad. They have got to have more fybromyalgia and depression and people that have just withdrawn from life than any group that I know of.

• ILTSF
    ILTSF

"s a result for some fertility levels were lower and it took longer to conceive. For others they were unaware that they had problems and so were too old to start IVF treatment."

Isn't IVF treatment forbidden, though? Along with surrogates and sperm donors...I was also going to bring that up earlier and forgot. A lot of people in the world have trouble getting pregnant and go through much work and expense to have a child. Testing, methods like I mentioned above, drugs, etc...most of these are forbidden for JWs, and the ones that aren't, well, most JWs don't have much extra cash laying around, and they certainly won't spend it on anything that will "fix" them in anyway, because "Jehovah is going to do that soon enough".

• carla
    carla

I remember reading a story here, no idea how true it could be but ...... There was a young jw couple newly married and they could not understand why they were not getting pregnant. Finally they went to the doctor and he starts asking them questions and so forth.... Yes, they slept together every night blah, blah, blah.... thing is they apparently did not understand the whole intercourse aspect of it and once they figured that was the reason she was not getting pregnant, she soon became pregnant.

That was the gist of the story. Sounds incredible to me but who knows? is it even possible? all that emphasis on sister and brother and sex is evil from the wt and they didn't get the marriage part? or just a silly story someone here related years ago. If memory serves the poster posted it as a real event not just a parody.

• nugget
    nugget

IVF is allowed but only if no donor eggs or sperm are used since that would be fornication. Surrogates are not allowed for the same reason.

• milola
    milola

Ha ha ha ha. Well my mom did lose a child at 6 mos. preg. and that was a few years after I was born which is when she became a you know what.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit