has anyone heard of curse on JW regarding fertility?

by God Chick 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• God Chick
    God Chick

While in JW i knew so many women who had trouble falling pregnant or had trouble keeping babies to term including my own family. Out of us 6 girls only 2 could fall pregnant.

I've heard since leaving that the masons have a curse on them that effects fertility, since the founders of JW were masons has it passed on?

The Bible does talk about curses and that they were generational.

Is this an urban myth? Has anyone else heard this? How many JW cases do you know had trouble falling pregnant or keeping their babies?

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

Very superstitious, writing's on the wall.

That was the first thing that popped in my head.

Never heard of a curse.

lisa

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

I know of a few JW families with 5, 7 or even 10 children. Of course this is more than made up for by the childless pioneer couples.

• dinah
    dinah

Never heard of it, but it sounds like a great idea.

• chickpea
    chickpea

the congro at the KH i attended
    had NO problems getting pregnant...
    myself included since i had 4 kids....

off the top of my head i can recall
    at least one family w/7, two w/6,
    three w/5, mine and two others w/4,
    two w/3, and then there were a few
    families with just 1 or 2 kids...
    there might be more by now, but
    i have been gone for approx 4 years

• watson
    watson

GOD CHICK!! I believe this calls for further investigation!! Please look into it further and get back to us.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I doubt it is a curse. Rather, it is the witlesses' lifestyle. You cannot get pregnant if you are always too tired to do sex. The Headache from those boasting sessions, staying at work too late, field circus all damn day, and the need to get your 4 hours of sleep all work against having sex--and hence getting pregnant.

Beyond that, the stress is not good to keep a healthy baby. Too often, their "food" consists of grabbing a cup of coffee in the morning, some chips or a doughnut at midday, go to McDonald's for lunch, and a quick TV dinner for supper before the boasting session. That is not going to properly nourish a baby--you often see frog babies, other severe birth defects, and toxicity problems in these cases (they are getting very little nutrition, along with a lot of poisons, doing this). If you do not get enough sleep, that is not good for the baby either. Stress from never being able to do enough, trying to do more field circus while you are pregnant instead of taking care of the baby, and even the dry cleaning fumes trapped in cars and Kingdumb Hells all conspire to prevent witless mothers from having healthy babies.

• ILTSF
    ILTSF

Look at the average infertility rate in the US (I'm not sure where you are...), it's probably not much different at all than within the borg. It's a fact of life that a lot of people have trouble getting pregnant nowadays, and there are a lot of theories as to why, but it's not because of a curse. I mean, many people believe it's from disposable diapers, and while a lot of people might not believe that, it makes more sense than a curse. There's a lot of toxins out there that we wear, eat, or are exposed to in some way, and it makes sense that it's harder for some people to conceive. Infertility isn't a new thing, though, there have always been people who couldn't conceive a child.

Plus, the average JW is sexually repressed and sexually ignorant. How many JW women know when they're ovulating and the ideal time to try to conceive? I think, as a teen, I taught my mom more about fertility and the cycle than she had learned in her previous 50 years.

As for why a lot of JWs have miscarriages, again, it's not just JWs, it's estimated that as many as 30% of pregnancies end in miscarriage. One of the causes of miscarriage- Lifestyle (i.e. smoking, drug use, malnutrition, excessive caffeine and exposure to radiation or toxic substances). Exposure to toxic substances is inevitable, and how many JWs DON'T grab a cup of coffee every morning? However, the majority of miscarriages are just random and by chance, whether you're a JW or not, it just happens occasionally. I can't really think of many women I know that either didn't have trouble getting pregnant or haven't had a miscarriage. It seems that one or the other applies to nearly all of them. "Worldly" women, btw, I'm not speaking about JWs.

• moshe
    moshe

I knew of a JW family with 11 or 12 kids- they drove two vehicles to the meetings. This was back in the middle 70's and they were an embarrassment to the Local KH, who was urging couples to forego having kids until the new system of things.

A recent study said that JW women are 2x more likely to die in childbirth from a severe blood loss. Which seems to tell me that Jehoobah is telling JW's don't have any kids!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

> the masons have a curse on them

> Is this an urban myth?

Do you seriously believe in "curses"???

If so, how do they work?

Please describe the mechanism that allows them to function.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit