My mom got stumbled by today's Watchtower

by JerkhovahsWitless 26 Replies latest jw friends

• sir82
    sir82

A JW searching desperately for a reason might come up with this:

"Well, maybe someone at Bethel has Catholic relatives living nearby, who are not strongly opposed to JWs, and that relative allowed the brother to borrow her cross for the photo shoot".

Not sure how you would prove or disprove that.

I agree with the poster above, mountains & molehills.

• carla
    carla

Could someone post a little more of the quote ""By word or action, may we never challange the channel of communication that Jehovah is using today."

and cite which wt that is from? thanks.

• moshe
  • Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Well... perhaps it could be compared to birthdays. In the bible - bad things happened at birthdays, so JWs do not celebrate them.

Crosses... perhaps nothing bad happened to anyone who wore one in the bible?

Regards,

Jim TX

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

I guess my husband and I were destined to leave . we would laugh at most of the pictures and be amused at the idea of witnesses dressing up like sluts and gangsters to teach a lesson. One time a "brother" who was very perfectionist gave a talk and mentioned the evils of watching beavis and butt-head it made us laugh and we would joke about recording it and harassing him and saying brother perfect did you say butt-head at the kingdom hall is this your voice butt-head butt-head it certainly sounds like you. We were on our way out a long time ago.

• RR
    RR
    Why 'unclean things' at Bethel?

The whole organization is unclean, why would that matter?

• sd-7
    sd-7

Certainly calls to mind the cover from the 'Six Myths About Christianity' public WT recently. I wondered if they did some digital technology (ie. a guy sitting at a pew in front of a blue screen while the church building was digitally placed around him) or if they actually went into a church for that. Hmm. Of course, in hindsight, it all makes more sense. Anything is justifiable if it creates more followers. If they can overtly use double standards and even lie as necessary, what's the big deal about going into a church and sitting at a pew with a cross or rosary beads? It's a DF'ing offense for us, but for those in power, it's no big deal.

Remember, too, that the research that goes into the literature itself relies on what? Outside sources--Bible commentaries written by people who are not JWs. Bottom line? It's just another religion. The only main difference is that its adherents do not realize it.

SD-7

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit