My mom got stumbled by today's Watchtower

by JerkhovahsWitless 26 Replies latest jw friends

• doublelife
    doublelife

I wondered the same thing when I saw a fortune teller in the knowledge book. She had a crystal ball and on the same picture were tarot cards. Don't remember what page it was on.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

i wish my mom would see that kind of thing but i think she just glosses over such things now....just highlight and repeat...

as a side note....

the society seems more and more to not use their own photo and art departments and now use royalty free images or low cost images for a one time payment. the society used to use their art department for maps and such.... now look at the side of maps in the publications...it often says "© Digital Wisdom" (Mountain High Maps)...

see the link: http://www.digiwis.com/ ...note this from the site:

Reproduction rights granted with your purchase of MOUNTAIN HIGH MAPS ® allow almost unlimited commercial use. MOUNTAIN HIGH MAPS ® includes all the FRONTIERS Illustrator / FreeHand vector maps described below. View map catalog - Macintosh / Windows ITEM 1004 $495 on DVD

(bold underline mine) So...you see...why have an art department...when you can buy the stuff off the shelf... the society is lazy cost cutting

do you remember the dopy "kids" video with the cheesy animation?

Snakes (Rich )

• watson
    watson

Mountain? Molehill?

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

Watchtower justification: "It's not a cross, it's a lower case "t" on a gold chain." Stands for Tabatha....you know Witch...married to Darin.

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

Are you sure these weren't Cross Fragments? As I understand, even the most unclean of objects can be purified if in the form of fragments.

• boyzone
    boyzone

Can you scan the pics so we can all be stumbled? Cheers!

• teel
    teel

Also if possible I'd like to see a scan of Hermione in the WT

• jdhf
    jdhf

Its funny how this topic has come up...I knew there was something else that had been bothering me for years...and all those 'lit' cigarettes that were used in the live forever book, etc., really interesting! I asked a Gilead grad many years ago who was really knowledgable and as far as I remember she didn't have an answer either!! My daughter R., when she was really small was very disturbed that there were even Bibles in the library with crosses on them. At the time I said they were for research purposes, but if you view the cross as pagan, then it doesn't make sense.

• nelly136
    nelly136

its weird how peoples minds prioritise issues of importance

." She didn't agree that was right. But, continued trying to justify it so it would make sense to her. "All kinds of people from the world come into the truth."

a picture of a cross in an illustration can make someone think and go and ask an elder and yet the thought of pedos hanging with the kids is no big deal and justifiable.

at least its a start :)

• winstonchurchill
    winstonchurchill

In Richard Nixon's words: " When the president does it, that means that it is not illegal".

Typical case of double standard

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit