Are JWs discouraged from seeking mental help?

by Kristina1972 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• moshe
    moshe

The WT org doesn't like for JW's to go to a marriage counselor either. They know that the counselor might suggest that the JW lifestyle/rules is what is making them unhappy- so quit going to the meetings and see, if you feel better!

• Heaven
    Heaven

so quit going to the meetings and see, if you feel better!

Yes! 'Quit going to the meetings, stay in bed all day making love, and see if you feel better'. I guarantee you will!

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Thanks to iknowall558 for posting all of those statements set out by the WTS.

It goes to show the lack of respect toward doctors of psychiatric therapy and the

this part of medical health profession.

Once again the WTS has put themselves above all other organizations in the health and welfare of

the greater population and its members.

It might be that they do not want their followers to seek psychiatric help

because that makes the JWS organization look bad and soils the outward image and stature of

themselves of which they have created.

Essentially this sort intuitive by an individual brings reproach on to god's organization.

They have intensionally sparked fear and degradation into the minds of people by stating that

psychologists are just worldly agents of philosophy and nothing else, demeaning the profession in its entirety.

Frankly I think the WTS is responsible for creating depression and anxiety within their membership by the constant

proclamation that the world is going to be soon destroyed and there will be much death and destruction in the world.

• highdose
    highdose

i can remember quite a few articles in the early 90's which stated that amongst the evils of therpists was that they could mulipuate you mind into belivng that terrible things had happened to you in the past, when in fact they hadn't.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

If JW`s were Encouraged..

To seek Mental Help..

Kingdom Halls would be Empty..

........................... ...OUTLAW

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Good one Outlaw

As a testament to lack of care and concern for the mental health expressed on to their flock,

I can name two young teens that took their own lives right around 1975 and if anyone

remembers the height of anxiety revolving around that particular year with this religion you know exactly

what I'm talking about.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

thetrueone..

I remember the pre 1975 era very well..

It ws a frigg`n Circus of JW`s preaching Armageddon by 1975..

On January 1st 1976 at the stroke of midnight..

Jehovah`s Witness could`nt remember what they had preached for over a decade..

Preaching Armageddon by 1975,never happened..

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

OUTLAW

On January 1st 1976 at the stroke of midnight

Actually I think it was on Oct. 1, 1975 when we had that special talk that told us about the time between Adam being created and Eve's creation which was supposed to be quite a period of time (but just around the corner) where Adam had to name all the animals

But collective amnesia is bang on

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

There is no doubt that the Governing Body tacitly and directly discourages what should be considered normal mental help. Therapists and the use of medication is commonly accepted and well known to provide a great deal of help and relief.

But because this is outside the realm of their control, the GB marginalizes it. It is sick.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Thanks Lee!..

I forgot about that..

I do remember the "Damage Control"..

I did`nt remember it kicked in that early..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit