If I talk to an elder like this, would I get into trouble?

by asilentone 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• asilentone
    asilentone

"I do not think you are appointed by the holy spirit"

• Titus
    Titus

Yes.

• asilentone
    asilentone

Can I get away with it somehow?

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

Yes. But then you would have to change your screen name.....

• acolytes
    acolytes

Asilentone

If you say it with a smile on your face, you can say anything to anybody. Try it with the elder. Wait for an opportunity, smile and say "I dont think you are appointed with holy spirit" then laugh. When you get away with it have some more insulting things you always wanted to say to him.

This game can be great fun. Its like playing Russian Roulette one mistake and you are in a J.C.

Acolytes

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

"Sometimes, I am just so unsure. I even want to say 'I do not think you are appointed by the holy spirit.' What would you say to that?"

You'll know how that one guy feels about you saying it.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

If you say it as in you are judging some action that they have taken and shown to be "ungodly" it will be taken as a challenge to that elder's qualifications and not the "biblical" arrangement. That's unpopular but generally ok unless you go on a campaign within the congregation challenging the authority of ALL elders or try to teach that elders are not appointed by holy spirit. Then they gonna get you. W.Once

• HappyGuy
    HappyGuy

Do you mean that you do not think that elders are appointed by holy spirit or you do not think that the specific elder you are talking to is not appointed by holy spirit?

• DT
    DT

You could just ask an elder if he has personally been appointed by holy spirit. If he says no then you should be able to say it also. If he says yes, you can just show your disagreement and disgust in a nonverbal way.

• moshe
    moshe

Asilentone, I don't know why you would get into trouble. That is a true statement that even the WT org will agree to. You see, they only claim (in the fine print) that the process used to select an elder was directed by the Holy Spirit, not the outcome. They let JW's assume wrongly that the elders have all been vetted by the Holy Spirit and no bad eggs can possibly become elders. We know better.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit