I want to be appointed as an Elder while I am still posting here, will Holy Spirit prevent me?

by african GB Member 31 Replies latest jw friends

• african GB Member
    african GB Member

Just curious.

Has anyone successfully tested the 'power' of the Holy Spirit by being appointed even though they were not zealous JW's?

Once I get appointed, I'd resign within a week

'coz I would'nt stand JC's and DF'ing people.

• lancelink
    lancelink

wow, you got guts man !

I'll be watching your future posts , this has been a question I thought about for years while I was a witness.

• Gregor
    Gregor

african, that might be the strangest post I have ever read here. Please understand, I am not being critical, just fascinated by your posts. Forgive me, but I must ask, in your tiny avatar pic you appear to have either deformed face or the pic was taken through a fish bowl. Please don't take offense, just asking.

Regards,

gregor

PS If you can con them into appointing you as an elder the HS won't be any the wiser.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Go for it.

If they want you to sit on a JC, be the voice of reason.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Someone from here was appointed about a year ago. He may have recently resigned.

Seems a waste of time. But if that thrills you...

-Aude.

• leec
    leec

I'm pretty sure that avatar pic is an internet meme.

• ILTSF
    ILTSF

Ooooh, do it! It would be fun for sure. You can share all of the juicy details with us.

• Think About It
    Think About It

Ooooh, do it! It would be fun for sure. You can share all of the juicy details with us

There's no juicy details to it.

1) You play the game and move up to MS. Play it well and get appointed elder.

2) You toe the company line. You become either hardcore, moderate or liberal in your views and applying them to personal lives.

3) You either remain a WTS overseer or your heart and conscience tells you to get out.

Think About It

• bulgogiboy
    bulgogiboy

Would 'holy spirit' prevent you being appointed an elder? Does 'holy spirit' prevent Elders and MS' from raping children with impunity?

If you want to become an Elder, do what alot of JW creeps do, which is pretend to be a pious, caring man who has a love for God and others. You just play the game like they do. Fuck the fairytale 'holy spirit', and believe in your own abilities.

Why would you want to be an Elder anyway? In my KH 95% of the Elders were window cleaners in cheap suits with barely a highschool education between them. I would hope you had loftier ambitions than to end up like them!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    Will Holy Spirit Prevent Me ?

No....but if you speak to the elders the way that you speak to us, The Elders will...!

You ask also.."Has anyone successfully tested the 'power' of the Holy Spirit by being appointed even though they were not zealous JW's?"

I was appointed more than once in different congs. In some although I was not apostate or an unbeliever, ,but I did know that when I was appointed I was in no way the man that The Scriptures required. That was due to problems at home that were not known the the Elders , the state of mind I was in at the time, and so on.. I knew enough to say the right things and keep up appearance's.

It was the path of least resistance to go along with it ...but I knew also that if H/S had anything to do with it, I would not have been appointed

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit